Chapter Three

Brian and Sy walked out of the office and into a golf cart that looked like a miniature Cadillac. "You'll get your own cart to drive them around... but it won't be a nice as mine!" Brian laughed as he stepped on the gas. She gripped the side handle as it zoomed to where the trailers were all lined up neatly at basecamp. He quickly came to a halt and parked the cart haphazardly next to a giant forty-foot trailer. "Ok, let's go!" She followed him in and out of the stages at a quick pace, trying to keep track of any logic to his path and failing to see any. After his "tour" Brian left her alone to make a list of the things she would need to stock up each trailer and drove away as he said "Don't spend too much time in there today! You'll get really sick of being in them by then end of this shoot!" She started to wonder if he was kidding or serious with all his jokes but shrugged it off as she stepped into the first trailer. While she was thinking about it, she emailed each of the cast to introduce herself and let them know she would call them later in the afternoon to go over any request details. Sy stepped in and out of each trailer and decided that she would just order the basics to begin.

Brian had told her she could use the tiny empty office at the end of his hallway for any of her "paperwork crap" and whatever else she needed to do. It was getting late and Mr. Grumpy McPooperpants had already left. Sy passed his post and heard Brian talking to someone in his office. She quietly walked past his door and went straight to work in the office no bigger than her closet. She decided to call who Brian deemed the "least maintenance" and finish with Sarah, who she feared would be a very long conversation with a ton of demands. The first three were uneventful. They exchanged pleasantries and cell phone numbers, she got very specific requests for each of their trailers and promised to meet them individually as the weeks progressed. Each actor was coming in for final fittings before filming started in two weeks and she would have plenty of time then. Sarah, on the other hand... was completely different from the others. Sy ended up spending over an hour on the phone with her talking in circles and had left her wanting to stab herself in the eye with the pen she was scribbling all of Sarah's demands (not requests) with. After one particularly exasperating demand, Sy stood up to pace and banged her head softly on the wall as Sarah rattled on about acceptable smells (Joan Malone London Peony) and unacceptable smells (Glade air fresheners) ... as if Sy would be able to talk the producers into buying a $500 candle for her trailer. She thought to herself, This is how I die. I can see my life flashing before my eyes and I'm dying from someone else's narcissism... did I just hear a chuckle? She looked out into the dark hallway. I thought everyone had gone home for the day?