Chapter Nine

They continued to talk as they made their way back across the lot. Syden was amazed at how easy it was to talk to him. She usually wasn't very good at talking to uncomfortably good-looking men. In reality, she was absolutely terrible at it and went totally silent if a handsome man was around. Maybe it was because he was one of her new bosses; maybe it was because she didn't have to look at his painfully gorgeous blue eyes and beautiful face while they walked. All she knew is that for once, she wasn't nervous, and she could form sentences while walking less than a foot away from an Adonis. She had given up on love anyway. Bad luck with past boyfriends and terrible dates in the last few years made her a little gun shy when it came to dating. Besides, why would someone like him ever be interested in someone like her? She didn't feel special, just normal. Never the bombshell, always the 'cute' sidekick. She had become used to that lot in life. She was okay with it.

"How did you get your name, Sy? I've never heard it before."

She replied "No one is really sure actually. I was the first-born girl in my family and my grandmother named me. Unfortunately, she passed away before I could ask her why and nobody else thought to ask. I have two older brothers, so I grew up doing everything they did and wanted to fit in... which is where the nickname 'Sy' came from. Do you have any nicknames?"

Henry was fascinated by her. "It's usually Hen or Henners, but most people just call me Henry. Kind of boring comparatively speaking."

Sy shrugged "I used to hate it. Nobody ever pronounces it correctly and don't get me started about how coffee shops spell it." She rolled her eyes "My coffee name is Sara, I may have to rethink that now."