Chapter Twelve

Henry drove to his rental house in Studio City. He wasn't a fan of living in the 'Valley,' but also wasn't interested in spending the next six months of his life sitting in traffic. Production found him a nice house with a large yard for Kal. It was really close to the Fryman Canyon trail head, which he knew he would utilize often as well. It was close to shopping centers and restaurants, not that he was planning on going to any, but nice to know they were nearby if he felt the craving for takeout on his cheat days. Kal knew what was about to happen as soon as Henry changed and put on his running shoes. He began to do a little dance at the front door with his two front paws and then sat patiently as if to say to Henry "I'm ready when you are, old man."

He decided it was a nice night and dark enough that nobody would notice he and Kal running on the main road. He wanted to explore the neighborhood on foot a little bit and see what it really had to offer. He was running on one side of the street and swore that he saw Sy's car with her sitting in it. You idiot. Stop thinking about her.  As he passed the car, he realized that it WAS Syden. What the hell? She can't be stalking him... did she know where he was staying? This is just weird, twice in one day she shows up in his life accidentally?  He kept running, not wanting to be seen. But what if this isn't accidental?  He didn't believe in fate, but twice in one day was just too strange not to take notice of it. He decided to chance it and texted her as he waited for the light to change.

"Hey, it's Henry. Are you on Ventura Blvd right now?"

She didn't text back right away, so he crossed the street and walked in the direction that he saw her. He decided to try texting her again so that it didn't seem like he was stalking her.

"I think I see you crossing the street?"

It still felt like he really was stalking her, but he felt like it wasn't as bad since he was texting her instead of just surprising her. He saw her look down at her purse but kept speed walking like she always did and before he could stop her, she ran straight into his chest.

Henry scooped her by the back as she fell backwards as if they were dancing and he went to dip her. Sy's face ended up at the perfect level for Kal to give her lots of kisses. She was shocked at first but couldn't help but smile through all the bear kisses. "We have to stop meeting like this."