Chapter Eleven

Syden got into her car and saw that she had received an email from Sarah. Tempted to ignore it but decided it would probably be better to reply something rather than say nothing at all and risk her texting, or worse calling her a million times that night. She had sat in her car for at least another half hour when she realized that she was so busy and had forgotten to eat. She only lived a few miles away from the lot and decided to stop and grab a bite at one of her favorite cafés. She used to go there once or twice a week before she moved to NY for the year and was craving her favorite tuna niçoise salad. She found a spot on the street and she saw yet ANOTHER email notification from Sarah. Sigh... what the heck did I get myself into? she thought. Syden replied again and vowed to ignore any notifications for the rest of the night. Or at least long enough for her to eat dinner. Finally out of her car and on the sidewalk, she waited for her turn to cross the street. She felt her phone buzz but didn't want to be distracted as she crossed and ignored it. She felt it buzz again and begin to feel guilty for ignoring it. As she looked down to dig it out of her purse, she ran head first into a solid mass of chest muscle, was caught before she fell backwards to the ground and began getting licked in the face by a big fluffy bear.