Chapter 1

Penelope's POV

"Babe, I'm so proud of you." before I could respond William catches his attention,

"Oh my Goddess! Do you see that! Look Penny, he's smiling!"

"He's not smiling James, he's too young it's probably just gas."

His smile drops a little, but it comes back, "No he's smiling at his dad."

I just nod and look down at the beautiful angels in our arms. James has been nonstop smiles for the last two weeks, and I feel bad as I bring down the mood. I know he noticed something is wrong with me, but he's been giving me space since I'm still recovering from the birth. I know both him and his wolf are worried, and I know he asked Owen about the possibility of postpartum depression in werewolves. I need to tell him what the moon goddess told me, but I don't want to ruin his mood. He's just been so happy.

"Hey, I talked to our moms and they offered to watch the twins, while we have a little date night."

"No, I'm not leaving them. I will protect them!" Storm surfaced, and ended with a growl.

James look shocked, and worried "Hey, no one is taking them. They are just going to watch them for a few hours." Storm is on edge, pacing in my mind. I quickly grab Willam, from James. "Hey, what's going on. Talk to me." James pleads with me desperate to know what is going on.

I just shrug him off, and carried the twins to the nursery. I gently placed them on the floor before shifting. They cooed as their wolves sensed their mom. I curled around them as their little hands grabbed at my fur. Storm proceeds to lick and groom the twins, barely reacting when James walked in. At first he was leaning on the door, but then he tried to walk closer to me. Storm quickly whipped her head around and growled. The twins whimpered causing Storm to turn back to them, and gave them all our attention. I slowly drift off to sleep while protecting my pups.

Sometime while I was asleep someone picked up the twins causing my wolf to whimper. However, Storm recognized the scent and relaxed, letting me fall back asleep. I must've shifted back at some point because I jolted awake in my bed. Pure terror coursed through my veins, I look around trying to find the twins. I try to jump out of the bed, but I'm wobbly on my feet and start to fall forward. James quickly catches me, and places me back in the bed.

"Wait," I push against him, "I have to find the twins," I try to get out of his hold, but am feeling very weak." I looked at him confused trying to figure out what is happening.

"Hey calm down, the twins are okay, they are in the nursery with your mom. You may be feeling a little out of it. After we took the twins to the nursery to sleep, Storm started to thrash around. We were worried you were going to hurt yourself, so Owen gave you a sedative, which caused you to shift, to keep you safe."

"Keep me safe? No, we need to keep the twins safe. Take me to the twins. We have to keep them safe." I was distraught, and I could see James was upset and confused.

"Penny, you need to take a deep breath, and calm down. The twins are fine, but I don't think you are. There is something going on with you Penny. Ever since the twins were born you have been acting different. I was worried, so I talked to Owen, and I think you are suffering from postpartum depression."

"No I'm not-"

"There's nothing wrong with getting help. There is nothing wrong with having it, many women experience postpartum depression after giving birth. I just want to help you."

"No James, I'm not..." James tried to interrupt me, but I knew I had to tell him, "Listen I have to tell you something. I should've told you sooner, but you've been so happy, and I didn't want to ruin it for you."

"Pennelope, you can always tell me anything. We are a team we handle everything together: the good and the bad. Now please, Sweetheart tell me what is wrong."

"Right after I gave birth to the twins, the Moon Goddess, she spoke to me. She told me I was destined to be 'the mother of the saviours.' And that 'Great evil is entering this world, and your pups will be the ones to save the werewolf world.' I don't know what she means exactly, all I know is the I have to protect our pups."

"We," he corrected, and I just looked at him confused, "We have to protect our pups, and we will. I promise you Pennelope, whatever is happening or going to happen, we will get through it together. Me, you, and them. We will get through it as a family. I promise you, my love, we will get through this together."

"I love you James. I love you so much."

"I love you too, babe. Give me a minute I'm going to relieve your mom of duty."

He came back a few more moments with the twins in his arms. He set William in my arms, and held Rose with one arm while the other wrapped around me. We sat there together in our own little safe haven. The two of us looking at the two most important people in our world.