Chapter 11

William's POV

    "Get yourself a shower, then meet me at the cave." I say leaving her standing in silence. 

    I leave her in the kitchen nursing what appears to be her third cup of coffee. Leaving the pack house I make my way to the pond that's tucked in the forest. When we were kids, we discovered a small cave hidden behind moss on the edge of the water. Since then, it has been our secret place. I sit at the opening of the cave, waiting for Rose and thinking of what I should say to Rose. Before long she slumps down next to me looking exhausted.

    "I'm not your dad. I'm not your Alpha. I'm not going to lecture you. I am your brother. Your Beta. I am just going to ask you once, to tell me what the fuck is going on."

    "What are you talking about?"

    "You have always loved being in charge. I know you used to secretly fantasize about someday being the Alpha. So what is going on? Why are you slacking on your duties, and abandoning the pack to party and sleep around?"

    I know I struck a nerve as she growls wrapping her hands around my throat, "I don't abandon this pack, and I will never abandon my pack!"  She lets out one more growl before letting go of my throat and slumping back against the wall of the cave.

    "Leading a pack is more than just staying. You have to take charge. You can't just care you have to show them you care by doing your job. If you don't step it up you'll lose your title. You'll either be challenged, or forced to mate, so he could take the title." that set her off.

    "Do you think I'd lose a challenge? Do you think someone would beat me? I am your Alpha, show some damn respect! I will not mate someone. I will never mate someone. I will be the Alpha. I am the Alpha!"

    "Then prove it to your pack." I growl out standing my ground. I see her wolf flash in her eyes, but she leans back just nodding, "And for the record, you know you can have a mate and stay Alpha, he would do the duties of a Luna. You'll find your mate someday and change your mind someday."

    Neither of us have found our mates yet, which I know she has secretly been upset about. I was trying to cheer her up. I know a lot of people think once she's mated he will take on Alpha responsibilities, but I know that isn't true. She will always be in charge as long as she holds the title. I was trying to cheer her up, but as soon as I mentioned mates sadness filled her eyes. Soon that sadness turned to anger. She stands up walking towards the pond. 

    "I don't need to look for a mate. I found him..." she trailed off her eyes burning in anger.

    "You're lying. If you found your mate you'd be with him, not here talking to me."

    The anger left her, deflating like a balloon she sat sticking her feet in the water. "I'm not using him because he left. He choked me until I passed out, and then left. I don't know where he's from or where he's going. He's gone." Her voice broke at the end. She quickly rubbed her eyes with the palms of her hands then looked back at the water.

Anger coursed through me at the thought of someone treating my sister like that. Mates are supposed to love each other unconditionally. There is no way a mate could harm their mate. If they are mates ut would explain why she was alive. Because if someone was able to choke her they could kill her. The anger burns my blood making me boil with rage, but she needed me right now. I quickly knelt beside her wrapping my arms around Rose as tears stream down her face.

I wish I could take away her pain. I wish I could beat up her sorry excuse for a mate. I wish she didn't have people threatening to take her title away. I wish we didn't have to save the whole werewolf world. I wish everything was normal. I wish so hard everything was different, but I know it won't change. We have to deal with our shit and save the world. We have to step up.

"What the fuck? William." her voice rising in panic, "What's happening? Oh my goddess, what is happening?"

I look around trying to figure out why she was panicking. Water swirled around us, it was as though we were in the eye of our own personal hurricane. As I calmed down and looked at the water swirling around us, it began to slow down. I take a deep breath, letting the water fall to the ground around us. Our hair and clothes were soaked. I sat there breathing calmly as Rose sits shaking in panic.

"William what is happening?"