Chapter 7

Rose's POV

    "This is bullshit. Bullll-Shhhit." I slur before taking another shot. Then in my mind I yell at my wolf, "I'm not ready. I'm not prepared."

"Oh, shut up. Quit your whining. this is amazing!" Reina growls in the back of my mind. "You have had over a year and a half to get used to it and prepare. It's your own fault you aren't prepared because you have been running away from your birthright. You need to get your shit together."

I let out a quiet growl, and put up a mental block to stop her from saying the same old lecture. Don't get me wrong I am a feminist, but the werewolf world is still stuck in tradition. It was assumed William would be the Alpha because he is the male. I had come to terms with the fact that I would be the Beta, and I am happy with that. I don't want to have the responsibility of being an Alpha, let alone the responsibility of saving the whole werewolf world.

    Shortly after our sixteenth birthday our parents sat us down and told us about the Moon Goddess' prophecy. William shutdown even more. He spends his time training, and going over different potential war strategies with Krisitin, and has been throwing himself into Beta training with Uncle Noah. He is doing everything perfectly, which is why he should be the Alpha. I on the other hand have gone slightly off the rails, much to everyone's disappointment.

    I spend the week training to become Alpha, but on the weekends I go to a local human bar. Every weekend I try to get plastered, but our systems work so efficiently and effectively that werewolves can't get drunk. I usually get tipsy but it's never enough to forget the responsibilities I have waiting for me at the pack, but that doesn't stop me from trying.    I down another shot, and move to the dance floor. Walking over to a random human I begin to grind against him. Just as I was losing myself in the music, I suddenly felt on edge. I lower the mental block to talk  to Reina who was pacing in my head. She was growling, but I couldn't get her attention.

    "Reina what is going on?" I yelled at her.

    "There's another wolf here. Who isn't from our pack."    

    I can tell she is in Alpha mode, but I try to talk some sense into her, "We are on neutral territory they are allowed to be here. I just find them so I can keep an eye one them."

    "You should go back. It could be a Rogue trying to take the future Alpha down. Let's leave."

I place the mental block up again and walk through the bar. I could feel myself being pulled towards the new scent. I follow my instincts which lead me back towards the bar. Leaning against the counter-top was a tall wolf with dark brown hair. He ran his hand through his hair causing some strands to fall in front of his face. He looks up in my direction, causing me to gasp. He was absolutely stunning. His warm chocolate eyes hardened when they met mine. He looked towards the door, yet didn't make a move to leave. I continued to walk towards him following the mysterious pull. Maybe I'm drunker than I thought.

"What are you doing this close to Midnight Moon territory?" I try to sound intimidating, but it came off more sultry than stern.

"I'm passing by on my way to school." his deep voice caused something inside me to stir.

Reina kept pushing against the mental block, but I didn't want to hear another lecture, "So are you going to train in another pack, or are you going to a human college?"

"I'm going to attend a human college near by," he saw my questioning gaze and continued, "My parents were from enemy packs, so when they mated they were kicked out and made rogues. I was raised as a Rogue, so I have to survive in the human world."

"Or you can join your mate's pack." I say gauging his reaction.

"I haven't found her yet, although I feel like I may be closer to her than ever."

"What I shame..." I lean in and whisper, "I was hoping we could have some fun."

    "I would love to have some fun with you..."

    "Mine name is Rose and you are?"

    "I'm Reiland. It's nice to meet you Rose. Would you like to dance, or come back to my hotel for another drink."

    "I've never been to a human hotel. I would love to see it."

    We intertwine our fingers and walk across the street to a large hotel. We go up to the second floor and into his room. He walks over towards the mini bar. He is asking me something, but I'm too focused on watching him bend down. I let out a low growl and walked closer to him.

    "Do you want a drink Rose?" he asks again.

"I'd prefer something else."