[3]

"--and when you mix red with white--" The teacher drones on, and usually Taehyung would pay attention, but today he barely got any sleep, staying up too late with his photography project.

The more he tries to keep his eyes open, the more they want to close, the world around him blurring and sounds blending. He's a hair away from falling asleep.

But, his body jolts, snapping him awake, instinctively aware before he processes what's happening. Blinking a few times, his jaw slacks, the whole class, an art theory class, is grey.

He stands up in surprise, catching the attention of nearby students, as well as the teacher, who stops speaking at the sight, giving him a questioning look.

Taehyung tries to formulate words, wanting to tell them what's going on, wanting to run out of class, to chase after his other half.

"Yes? Do you have an objection to my teaching?"

Taehyung shakes his head, still wanting to speak up, but nothing comes out, his mind still catching up the fact that his soulmate is on the other side of the wall.

"Well, then, mind if you answer the question? What color do you say this would result?" The teacher asks, and Taehyung looks at the projection on the board, still muddled.

He opens his mouth, wanting to answer, but how can he? He can't see the colors. Everything just looks grey.

"U-um, w-well," he starts, voice shaky. He sighs, "I..."

The teacher just sighs, and gestures him to sit down, then continues the lecture, answering the question himself before moving on.

Taehyung sits, still fidgeting. He wants to leave, but he can't suddenly get up and exit the class in the middle of a lecture. Glancing at the door, he wonders, prays, hopes to everything that his soulmate stays this time.

His hope grows when it stays grey for a while, the flutters in his chest slowly settling down. But, then, the world colors again.

Leaning back a little, he internally sighs. What is it now? Why didn't the universe want them to meet, yet?

Glancing at the door again, he leans his chin on his hand, a light pout forming on his lips, wondering why this always happened at the wrong place and wrong time.