Thirteen - Would I Lie To You?

"...I don't know what to do, Frank."

"Is he asleep?" I asked, my fingers running through Gerard's hair, as his head was on my shoulder.

"That's pretty much all he's done since we got here." Brendon sighed down the phone, and I changed hands with the phone, my right hand weaving through stray tendrils of inky hair. Gerard was asleep, so he couldn't hear what I was saying to Brendon, which was probably a good thing. "I'm scared he won't wake up."

"He has woken up sometimes, though, right?"

"To pee and to drink and to eat and to complain that he's in pain, yeah. I ask him when he's next got to go into hospital, but he just waves me off and won't answer. It's not that he's getting grumpy, he's getting...lifeless." His voice wobbled, and I felt my heart wrench. "I hate this, Frank. I hate it so fucking much."

"I know, Bren; I know. But -"

"I'd better go." He cut me off with yet another sigh. "He's waking up. I'll call you later."

"Okay. See ya."

He hung up and I set my phone on the nightstand, hearing Gerard make an incoherent noise as he buried his face in the crook of my neck. His hand rested on my bare hip, his breath falling across my collarbone. I pressed a kiss against the top of his head, just as his hand slipped down my pants. It just rested innocently on my crotch...until he started moving it, of course.

I took his hand from my pants and placed it back on my hip, feeling him smile. "Cockblock." He murmured, and I rolled my eyes.

"Whore." I replied, and he chuckled sleepily, rubbing his very awake trouser area against my thigh. "How are you so horny?"

"I was having a great dream until your voice pulled me out of it." He murmured, pulling himself closer to me. "It involved your face being buried in my crotch and your pretty mouth being the best fucking thing in the world."

"You have weird dreams."

He scoffed. "You would have the same sort of dreams if you were me."

"No I wouldn't."

"Shut up."

He rubbed himself harder against my leg, and I rolled my eyes. "And there was me thinking that we could have a loving cuddle for once."

"I have a raging boner; I can't cuddle right now."

Is it socially acceptable to poke your boyfriend in the eye?

"You're impossible."

"You refused to have sex with me last night, can you blame me?"

"Oh, shut up. Go have a shower or something."

"Why can't you help me?"

I rolled my eyes. "With the shenanigans you pulled yesterday? I'm surprised I let you share the bed with me at all."

"You're cruel." He grumbled, his fingernails digging into my hip. "You never pay attention to my needs. You just don't care, do you?"

"How old are you?"

"You don't appreciate me, you don't love me, you're just so mean to me! I do wonderful things for you and when I need you, you don't care!"

"Shut up, Gerard." He whined, burying his face in the crook of my neck once more. "While you're being an ass, I'm going to get something to drink." He reluctantly let go of me, lying back and scowling. "Do we have any juice?"