Part 6

The car stopped outside Khushi's house, Shashi, Garima and buaji came out running to welcome their damaad and beti. Khushi hugged her parents tight before they ushered her inside with Arnav.

Arnav looked around the house, they made him sit on the round day bed, Garima came with a glass of water for him. Arnav took it gratefully and sipped.

Buaji looked at her little titaliya in awe, Khushi hugged her tightly 'buaji how are you?'

Cupping her face 'I'm fine titaliya'

Gupta's did not left any chance to give Arnav the royal feeling who looked on amused to see his in laws doings things for him going out of their ways. Garima 'Khushi why are you standing bitiya come here take these sweets to damaadji'

Khushi pouted at her mother 'but he can't have sweets'

Buaji 'hain? Kyun?' [huh? Why?]

Khushi 'voh kya hai unhe shakkar ki bimaari hai' [because he is diabetic]

Buaji and Garima felt bad, Khushi 'koi baat nahiin amma apne namkin toh banaya hoga na' [no problem amma, you have prepared snacks na?]

Garima nodded at her, Khushi 'toh bas voh namkin khayenge, aur haan amma unhe zyaada teeka khana pasand nahiin hai' (don't worry he will eat snacks, and amma he does not like spicy food'

Garima and buaji nodded at her, buaji 'good that you told us before'

The three then came out with snacks, sweets and tea for everyone, Shashi dragged the small table towards where Arnav is sitting and the ladies kept the beverage and eatable items on it. Khushi took a cup and gave Arnav his sugar less tea and then sat beside her amma on the floor. Garima hissed 'Khushi sit on the bed, you will dirty your dress' Khushi pouted but then sat beside Arnav, Shashi had taken the chair.

Arnav sipped his tea in silence, and then looked at Khushi who is munching on the sweets, Buaji 'Garima Sanka Devi will not behave? See how she is gorging the sweets as if she was seeing it after hundred years'

Shashi chuckled at his daughter inwardly, she and her craziness for sweets, Khushi chocked on her sweets, Arnav patted her back, making her drink the water 'Khushi eat slowly, see it got stuck'

Khushi nodded at him all looked at the way he was concerned for her with relief, Shashi and Arnav then started discussing about the Raizada's vast garden of various plants which consist of variety of flowers, vegetables and fruits. Khushi 'Amma, buaji can I go and see my friends'

Garima 'Khushi you can meet them later'

Khushi 'nahiin Amma please I'll meet them and come soon'

Arnav looked at Khushi 'let her go aunty she would have missed them' Khushi beamed at him. She skipped on her feet skidding away to see her friends. Arnav was then led to rest for while till the lunch time, with Shashi went to buy some of the things asked by his wife. Buaji helping Garima in preparing the feast for their son in law, Arnav looked around Khushi's room, going over to window he looked down to see a little away in the house down the street Khushi sitting in the balcony chatting with her friends giggling. He smiled looking at her smiling face. Taking a seat on the rolling chair he watched over her, his wife.

Here Khushi was teased to death, her friends not leaving her minute to take a breath of relief asking about her husband.

Gauri 'bolo bolo Jiju kaise hain?' [tell us how is jiju?]

Khushi shying 'voh bahut acche hain' [he is very nice]