Part 26 & 27

Khushi watched shock, her voice died in her throat. She could not voice out of the pain she is going through looking at her limp form of her husband.

It was all nice and wonderful till few minutes, but then suddenly everything got destroyed in next second. Her Arnav ji fell head long on the ground with a bullet piercing exactly near his chest.

Khushi could hear nothing; see nothing other than her Arnav ji. She did not realize when Ambulance came, when her Arnav ji was kept in the strecher inside the ambulance. She did not realize when she was pushed inside the ambulance or it was she who walked holding her Arnav ji's hand inside the ambulance. She did not realize anything.

Not even now, not even now when she looked on her Arnav ji is pushed inside the room with doctors closing the door of the room on her face. She could not feel anything other than the shattering noise of her little heart with the searing pain as she looked at the blood stains on her hand and clothes.

Her Amma, Buaji are crying....Rita Di, Gauri Di are crying but consoling her Amma and Buaji. Babu ji standing devasted. But she could not feel anything.

As if her brain stopped working. Rita Di is saying something to her but what?

She sat down on the floor before the room waiting for her Arnav ji to walk out, as she rocked herself back and forth hugging her knees.

Rishab and NK looked helplessly at everyone, nothing in their hand, only God and doctor could help them. They had arrived to the hospital as soon as they got the news. Aman was informed who had already left to Delhi and is now returning back.

NK 'how everything did go wrong?'

Rishab looked at Rita 'tell us clearly how did all this happened, and that too between so many people. Who was it? Did you all not notice the person who shot ASR?'

Gauri spit venomously 'Raghu....It was Raghu. I saw him running away from there'

Rita wiping her tears 'we were all dancing around enjoying the sangeet function when we heard the gun shot. We could not comprehend for a minute until we saw Khushi shouting in horror looking at Arnav ji. When we looked at him, he was falling down on the ground, he was shot. Blood was dripping as water. All we could think was to save him.'

Gauri 'and see her *pointing to Khushi* how is she?' they all turned their head towards Khushi who is still rocking herself back and forth looking at the door without blinking. Garima and Buaji are shaking her....trying to get her response but she is not reacting to anything.

Rishab 'She is in shock.'

Garima looked at Buaji helpless 'Jiji?'

Buaji shaking her head 'it is too much for her Garima. It is her husband who is inside the operation theatre. She still could not believe anything'

It had been hours now they had taken Arnav inside the operation theatre yet no news is given on what is happening inside.

Another few hours went,

Nani, Dadi, Anjali along with Aman and Tanya came rushing inside the hospital after enquiring reached the corridor where Arnav is being operated.

Aman enquired Rishab and NK who narrated him what Rita and Gauri said. All listened to him, enraged on Raghu and Raghav but now is not the time.......the worry for Arnav and his life is clouding their mind.

Nani, Dadi sat dejected beside Garima and Buaji. Tanya went over to Khushi who yet did not notice anything.

Tanya 'Khushi, Kuch naahiim hoga ASR ko' but she sat numb.