Part 38

This was already written part. Readers from Myeduniya would know since till part 38 or 39 I had posted there. 

And Thank you guys for understanding and supporting me so far and I do hope you will keep on supporting me. This is for you all sweethearts. 

Laying her gently on their bed, he pulled the blanket over her. Dropping a kiss on her forehead, he lingered few second's caressing her hair, and then quietly left the room.

Akash, Payal, and Kamya stood as soon as they saw him coming, waving his hand he said gently "sit down guys."

Taking a seat beside his sister he studied the three, while Anjali made the introduction. Arnav "thank you for coming to meet Khushi. She will be happy to know about you guys."

Payal "Is she alright sir? When will she be returning to college?"

Shaking his head "She is alright. But can't say when she will start coming to college."

He then asked about them, Akash, Payal, and Kamya each shared about themself with him. Anjali entertained them asking one thing after the other, their family, their college life, their hobbies. Arnav sat silent but he listened to their conversation giving his attention.

Half an hour later, Akash glanced at Payal and Kamya, they both nodded. Akash "it is getting late. We will take your leave now."

Both Arnav and Anjali got up with the three, Arnav shaked his hand with them. Anjali was going to escort them to the door when shriek rendered the whole house.

Arnav stood numb for a second. Anjali looked at him worriedly, Akash, Payal, and Kamya stood shocked. Dadi and Nani came out of their room concerned.

They all looked up at the source of sound, Khushi standing at the landing, calling out Arnav's name scared. She started running down the steps blindly.

Khushi!!!! panicking he ran towards her. She stopped hearing his voice.

Arnav ji!!! she cried seeing him, as soon as he neared her, she hugged him crying loudly. His heart wrenching. Cupping her face "it is alright sweety, I'm here."

Khushi pointing a finger at the back, hiccuped saying in fear "Arnav ji, he is here. He will kill me. Please mujhebachao. He is not going to leave me."

Nodding his head "sweety listen to me, he will never harm you. He will never hurt you. I'm here."

"But he is here Arnav ji. I saw him in our room." she pointed again at the same direction. Arnav raised his head confused and worried, and his face chilled looking at the person standing before him.

Shyam stood in the landing looking at them shocked and alarmed.

Hugging her, Arnav patted her back, while giving Shyam hard look "it is alright. Everything is alright. Come." he guided her to the living room.

Making her sit, he held her hand requesting Anjali for a glass of water. Nani came and sat beside her patting her head, engulfing her in hug. Khushi sat trembling in fear.

Anjali forwarded a glass of water. Nani taking it from her "drink it betiya." she cajoled Khushi to take few sips.

Akash, Payal, and Kamya felt sorry for her, but they don't know what they should do looking at the turn of event. It felt wrong to intrude at such time. They walked to Anjali and whispered "we are leaving Anjali ji."

Payal holding her hand "We hope Khusih will get well soon."

Kamya "ji we will pray for her.", Anjali thanked them and escorted them till door. Dadi did notice the three but let it go thinking of to ask about them later.