Part 9: magnificent stars

It was a Saturday evening and Max had come to pick up El from her house to bring her to the cinema. Hopper didn't know about the fact that El and Max were dating because El was too scared to tell him. And It had been 6 months since there first kiss so they wanted to do something special.
Max got out of her car, walked up to the door and knocked 5 times in a cute little beat like she always did. El had just finished putting her curly locks into an adorable messy bun with a rainbow hair scrunchie that Max had got her a couple months ago when she heard the Max knock and ran out of her room and opened the door "Heyyyy Maxie" "Hiya" Max was about to kiss her but El stopped her suddenly because Hopper was in the kitchen.
They drove to the cinema singing loudly to Bad Guy by Billie Eilish all the way there. They sang in unison "I'M THE BADDDD GUY..." waited a moment then looked over at each other "DUH!" and started dancing. Max was enjoying it so much she let her hand of the stearing wheel but El shouted "MAX!", Max realized and suddenly put her hands on the wheel again and they started laughing.
They got to the cinema, Max got out and rushed over to the El's side of the car and opened the door for El "Mademoiselle" she gestured her hand gracefully out the door direction and the other hand waited for El to grab it "Thank you Monsieur" she grabbed Max's hand and Max helped her out if the car as they giggled.
They walked in holding hands and went to the ticket seller "two tickets for IT chapter 2 please" "that is rated R, can I have your ages please?" "we're both 16" said Max "you don't look it" Max got angry "wanna see my birth certificate or something?" the woman looked at El with a 'she does not look 16' look, El was offended "Hey! For god's sake she's 16, she's adorable so she may not look it but she is so can you just let us in please, we're holding up the line and we're gonna miss the movie" Max said getting really impatient, El smiled and looked down because of Max's compliment. The ticket seller rolled her eyes and gave them tickets. They hurried to get candy floss and popcorn before they sprinted into the cinema showing, it had luckily only just started.
This was special for them because the first movie they had watched together was IT chapter 1.
When it finished El was shaking and jolted when the lights came on "never again" she said looking at Max, Max wheezed and helped her out of the chair.
They drove back to El's house and climbed on top of the roof to look at the magnificent stars that were showing that night. El lived in a bungalow so it wasn't that high up. They lay down next to eachother very closely on the slightly diagonal roof holding hands and looking up at the night sky. "Max you know I love you, right? Like it's not just a thing I say because I'm dating you" they turned to face eachother "Yeah I know, I can feel the connection between us and I know it's not just a little crush" they smiled, their faces were very close "and I love you too El". Max traced her fingers all around El's face softly and slowly, El looked into Max's eyes and was mesmerized at the way they had the stars shining in them and they were still that gorgeous light shade of blue. "Have I ever told you how beautiful your eyes are Max, I could get lost in them for hours" El said quietly, Max traced El's lips "no you haven't, but have I ever told you how soft and luscious your lips are, I could kiss them for days" Max slightly licked her own lips and then kissed her. El put her fingers through Max's smooth red hair and made their bodies go even closer. Max took out El's rainbow scrunchie and did the same while deepening the kiss.
Hopper was walking out of his car back into the house when he saw this sight, obviously he was a bit taken aback at first but then he smiled because he knew there was something going on between them two but he didn't mind at all. He walked in and didn't say a word.