Lost Ship in the Sky

Fact: Kaito , Shinich, Ran and Aoko are childhood friends in this fic.

Pairings : ShinKai, RanAo(minor)

Note: Shinichi knows that Kaito is Kid but Kaito doesn't know that Shinichi knows his secret identity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Shinichi, where are you going?"

" I am going to take a look at the gem again."

" Why? "

" With so many people crowding around, I couldn't get a good look."

" Okay. Well then, I am going to my room and Shinichi be sure to eat something. I know you didn't eat breakfast in the morning." Ran glared at him and Shinichi sweated.

" Okay , okay, I will eat something mother hen" He muttered the last part.

" Did you say something?" Ran narrowed her eyes.

" Nothing!" Shinichi said hurriedly and got into the elevator.

' So he will be coming today...'

He wondered why did he become KID? When he had first seen him on the rooftop he was confused. He wanted to demand what was he doing!? He barely held himself back from questioning him.

He was also puzzled by Kaito's behavior at Tropical Land. He was really jumpy at the roller coaster ride and almost looked scared? Angry? Sad? (though he hid it really well). He didn't like it. He wanted to know what was hurting. He was frustrated that Kaito didn't tell him anything. There were so many questions he wanted to ask.

He sighed and smiled softly. Well, if Kaito wasn't ready to tell him yet, he will wait. Wait for him. If he fell he will catch him, embrace him and never let him go.

He knew it was impossible to cage the white bird and he couldn't bare the thought of his bird having his wings cut. So he will wait.

The elevator dinged and he stepped out, storing away his thoughts for another time. Shinichi blinked. Huh. Looks like someone's already there. He walked towards the jewel, Lady of the Sky.

The waiter turned to look at him and he swore he saw him freeze momentarily. It couldn't be... but if it is then he couldn't miss the chance. He smirked.

" Hello." The waiter greeted him with a polite smile. But inside KID was sweating buckets,'Geh! Shinichi!? What is he doing here!?' Shinichi just nodded his head in greeting.

" Quite a marvelous jewel, isn't it?"

" Y-yes, I was on a break, so I decided to see the jewel everyone was so excited about." He mentally berated himself for stuttering.

" Oh, look at the time. I need to get going." He tried to quickly walk past Shinichi (keyword: tried) but the detective grabbed his arm and yanked him backward, making the thief fall backwards against his chest. KID squeaked (which he would later deny because Phantom Thieves don't squeak) and was glad for the latex mask, because he was hundred percent sure that he was blushing. He was also scolding himself because it was really not the time for that!

" It is marvellous however, I am more interested in how you plan to steal it Ka-it-ou KID-san~~" Shinichi whispered in his ear and KID was sure his voice had dropped down an octave or two because nobody can sound so hot-and this definitely isn't the time to be swooning over his detective!

Before he could deny the accusation Nakamori keibu and his subordinates came out of the elevator. Shinichi let go of him and walked towards the elevator. He blinked. Okay, now he was confused. If Shinichi knew he was KID why didn't he tell Nakamori keibu?? His detective was weird.