The Rollercoaster Murder Case

A/n: Episode 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Shinichi! How could you!!"

" I said I was sorry! I'll buy you a new one!"

" Why did you have to put it in my hood!?"

" I was trying to see through the trick!"

" Arghh....detectives...." Ran scowled at him. "A new cell phone won't be enough."

" What else do you want?" Shinichi turned towards his best friend in annoyance. He knew it was kind of his fault that he didn't to tell her about the phone in her hood, but he did say he'll buy her a new one. What else did she want?

Ran turned toward him with an evil glint in her eyes and he started sweating. He had a bad feeling about it.

" Tropical Land."

" Eh?"

" You," Ran poked his chest. "Are going on a double date with me and Aoko, with Kaito-kun as your date and you will confess to him."

Shinichi spluttered and felt his cheeks heating up. "I-I won't! And why do I have to go on a double date with you!?"

" Then, if I win the Karate Championship, you will go with me to Tropical land." Ran crossed her arms with a look that said I dare you to refuse me.

" Oi... You placed second in last year championship..." Shinichi's eyebrow twitched. "And your senpai who placed first has retired from the club...."

" It's a promise!" With that she started walking, leaving the detective behind to catch up to her.

" Oi, Ran! Can't it be something else?"

" No!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So...." Ran gave Shinichi a cheeky grin from where she was seated in Poirot cafe as soon as he had entered the cafe.

" Okay, okay....I'll ask him...." Shinichi grumbled and sat across from her while placing an order of black coffee.

" But why are you so dead set on getting me to confess anyway?" Shinichi questioned her with a raised eyebrow.

Ran set down her cup of tea and turned to look at him calmly. "Do you love him?"

" Of course I do." Shinichi said without a moment of hesitation and gave her a look did you really ask me a obvious question whose obvious answer you obviously knew?

" Then pray tell why won't you confess to him?" Ran gave him an exasperated look.

" W-well," Shinichi rubbed the back of his head. "I...don't think he's ready for it... yet...?" He finished with a nervous laugh and ignored Ran's deadpan look meaning you are a coward.

" As fun as it is to see you suffer," Ran ignored his offended Hey! and continued. "If you don't confess now, you'll never know when or how he slips from your grasp.... Kaito-kun is a really sweet person.... we all know that he wants to be a great magician, he will be great magician, and you know...he kind of reminds me of a bird.... with how he loves to reach greater heights, but you know... even he needs a place to rest, so you are going to be that place. Don't let him go. Got it?"

Ran leaned back in her seat with satisfied smile and watched with amusement as the detective in front her became utterly speechless. It wasn't every day you get to see a baffled Kudo Shinichi.

Shinichi gaped at her for a few seconds before regaining his composure and leaning back in his seat with a smile. He supposed she was right. After all, he had never thought of his magician as anything but a free bird. He will provide a place for his bird when he got tired, and would annihilate anyone who tried to cage him.