Shopping

Kudo Shinichi was irritated.

Kaito and him had just been lazing around at his house, not really doing anything productive as they were both perched on top of his bed with Shinichi reading a mystery novel while Kaito was curled up in his lap fast asleep.

He had just come out of the bath when the doorbell rang and he had opened the door to a huffing and profusely sweating Kaito, who was whining that the air conditioner in his room broke and that Aoko had gone somewhere with her father and that he was literally going to die from the scorching heat. But he wasn't really listening as Kaito let himself inside the house, more busy staring at the magician who was only clad in a simple black tank top and shorts, flushing from head to toe as beads of sweat rolled down his neck before disappearing under the tank top. 

He swallowed, throat suddenly going dry at the sight which was good neither for his heart nor his body.

While Kaito had disappeared somewhere inside the house he went to the kitchen to get some ice cream from the fridge for Kaito (he always stored a few of them just in case Kaito decided to drop by; which was more than likely).

He had unsprsingly found Kaito inside his room, sprawled across his bed and occupying more than half of it. He had just rolled his eyes before smacking him on the head and telling him to get up. But the magician had just ignored him and rolled over onto his stomach before burying his face in the pillow.

Shinichi had sighed, saying that he would have to sadly throw away the popsicle if Kaito didn't want any. He smirked smugly when the magician had shot up from the bed, grinning excitedly before grabbing the icy treat from his hand and biting into it happily.

Kaito had then turned to him as if to say something but stopped short before instantly turning bright red.

Shinichi had been confused for a few seconds before realization dawned on him and he remembered that he had just gotten out of the bath and was not wearing anything except for a pair of pants and a towel that was draped over his shoulders which was being used to dry his hair. When Kaito continued to stare, he raised his eyebrow in a 'like what you see?' manner that had him turning scarlet before he snapped away his head and busied himself in licking the steadily melting treat in his hand.

Chuckling, Shinichi decided to take mercy on him after a while of watching his amusing (but adorable) expressions and put on a shirt before plopping down beside the magician, and opening his newly brought mystery novel as Kaito started performing a few card tricks to keep himself occupied (he seriously sometimes wondered just how the hell was he able to keep so many trinkets on his person).

After a while, Kaito had grown bored and started jumping around Shinichi, pestering him with questions that the detective elected to ignore in favour of turning the next page of his book. Shinichi blinked in surprised when Kaito's head suddenly popped up from under his under book with a pout on his lips and a 'Pay attention to me!!' expression on his face. 

Which was to say, very endearing. He barely suppressed himself from leaning down and kissing those pouty lips and just giving him all the attention he wanted, instead he had just started petting his cute magician on the head, eyes still glued to the text printed on the page.

Shinichi looked down when Kaito's whining had suddenly stopped after a few minutes and found him fast asleep on his lap, curled around his outstretched leg. He continued running his fingers through Kaito's soft brown locks, a soft expression overtaking his features as he leaned down to kiss his forehead.

So, he had been perfectly content with this day, and the fact that he got to stare at his magician unguarded expression was a plus. He really wouldn't have minded spending the whole day like this.