Valentines Day

A/n: Magic Kaito 1412 episode 5.

.....

" Hey, Aoko~!" Kaito burst inside his classroom excitedly, clutching a huge amount of chocolates in his arms as he moved towards his desk with a wide grin.

" What is it Bakaito?" Aoko raised an eyebrow at the magician who was practically glowing with happiness while munching on a chocolate bar.

" Look!! I got so many chocolates~!" He chirped, still munching on the bar as he settled in his seat and placed the chocolates on his desk. "When I entered the school all the girls gave them to me, it's not that I mind though, but do you know why? Is it some kind of occasion?" He asked her curiously while nibbling on the end of pocky stick.

" It's Valentine's Day, of course you are going to receive chocolates." Aoko rolled her eyes, she would begrudgingly admit that Kaito had quite a large number of fans because, you know, he was the most beautiful person in school, and was practically a bundle of joy with a figure she often envied (because damn for a boy Kaito had a really nice figure).

Not that she would admit any of that to his face. Ever.

Aoko was also getting kind of worried because the amount of chocolates were decreasing quite rapidly.

" Valentine's Day? What's that?" Kaito blinked in confusion, popping a chocolate truffle in his mouth and sighing blissfully, not noticing how his best friend froze at those words.

" You are kidding me." She whispered.

" No....?" Kaito blinked in confusion when Aoko suddenly stood up from her seat. "Ao–"

" You don't know about Valentine's Day!?" She slammed her hands down on her table, giving him a thoroughly scandalized look as Kaito backed up in his seat with wide eyes, surprised by her sudden outburst.

Aoko settled back in her seat when she realized all the attention had shifted to her because of her outburst, she grabbed Kaito's collar and hissed,"You really don't know what Valentine Day is!?"

" I don't." Kaito said bluntly, swatting away her hand and leaning back in his seat with an annoyed huff. What's so great about today anyway? For him, February 14th had always been an unlucky day and this was the first time he had actually attended school.

" Ohmygodohmygod." Aoko massaged her forehead, suddenly feeling very very sympathetic and so very sorry for a certain detective that had been pinning after her childhood friend for years. Because how could he be so dense, how could he not know about this day with all the drama that happened every year.

" As-I-Said-" Kaito drawled while nibbling on a piece of white chocolate. "What's so special about today?"

" Where were you last year?" Aoko demanded, crossing her arms over her chest.

" Broke my leg."

" And–"

" Broke my arm."

" The–"

" Sick."

Aoko's eye twitched. Now that she thought about it, this was the first time she had seen Kaito in school during 14th February. She sighed and turned towards the magician who was staring at her expectantly.

" Now, listen carefully," Aoko raised a finger and poked him in the chest. "Valentine's day is–"

.....

Kaito scowled, giving the bowl placed in front of him a displeased look. What was he doing again? Oh yeah, it was home economics lesson and they have to make chocolates, Kaito has never made chocolates. So, that explains why he was staring at the ingredients spread out in front of him like an idiot.