Desperate Revival

A/N: This one is episode 190, 191 probably.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinichi woke up to a white ceiling and the smell of medicines. He tried to sit up but winced when he felt a sharp pain at his side. What happened to him?The memories of previous night came to him and he groaned.

'Ah, I got shot in the stomach.' He grimaced. He was about to push his hair back but felt a tight grip on his hand. He looked down and was surprised to see a familiar figure sleeping on his bedside chair, gripping his hand tightly.

He smiled softly and ruffled the sleeping magician's (sometimes thief) hair. Kaito stirred in his sleep before blinking dazedly. He rubbed his eyes and yawned. His gaze fell on the now awake detective, who was looking at him with amusement. He blinked a bit before immediately bombarding him with questions.

"Shinichi!! Do you feel pain? Are you hungry? Thirsty? Do you want me to call the doctor?" Kaito fussed over him.

"I am fine Kaito." Shinichi sweat dropped at the fussing magician.

"But you got shot!! Mou... I was so worried when Ran-chan told me you got injured." He pouted and flopped down on the chair. 

'Was he crying?' Shinichi thought when he saw some traces of dried up tears on his cheeks. Just as he had opened his mouth to ask him about it, he started coughing. His throat was really dry because he hadn't drunk water since yesterday.

"I'll get some thing to drink." Kaito pushed his chair back.

"Do you want anything specific?"

"Just water."

"Roger." And he was out of the door in the blink of an eye.

"You better be grateful brat."

Shinichi looked up at the new figure that entered the room and raised an eyebrow.

"Ah, Oji-san. What do you mean?"

"Ran donated you her blood and that brat hasn't moved from that place since yesterday." Mouri grunted. 

"Where is Ran?" Shinichi asked because he hadn't really seen her. Otherwise she would be the first one to mother hen him and give him a long lecture about how to take care of his well being.

"Aoko-kun." And that's all he needed to know. If you think Kaito and Ran were bad then you probably haven't met Aoko yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shinichi! Kaito-kun!" Ran called out to them with Aoko standing by her side.

Kaito stopped the magic trick that he was showing to Detective Boys and waved back at them. Shinichi was smiling stupidly while watching Kaito perform various tricks. He loved seeing him doing these magic tricks. He always looks so happy when he performs.

"Kudo-kun, you look like a lovesick fool." Haibara said bluntly from his side.

"Leave me alone." He waved at her, annoyed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shinichi, when will you be released from the Hospital?" Ran asked him when they reached his hospital room.

"Hmm. Two to three days at most."

"Oh! Then you will be released just in time for Ekoda's school festival!" Aoko snapped her fingers before turning towards Kaito and glaring at him.

"Bakaito!"

"Eek!"

"You still have to prepare for your role!"