1| When Flowers Meet

Sometimes, Sans wondered how his life would've turned out like if he just simply followed the arrangement that he had made with Blue all those years ago. He can see himself still having his old job as a scientist, maybe get his own house somewhere close to it as he would just visit his kids during the weekends... or well in that way they would just be his niblings to him.

He definitely won't be a stay at home single dad – He can't tell why his son insist on calling him mom though. – One who is currently washing the dishes right now with no care in the world and humming a soft tune under their breath while their son was just on the kitchen table and drawing.

Sans put the plate in the dishwasher before simply getting a small towel from the side and wiping his hands with it. He looks to the side seeing the vase full of flowers that his neighbor had given him, speaking of which he definitely hadn't seen the other seeing they were in a business trip.

...

Flowers...

He wonders how the others are doing now.

Sans frowned before just sighing and shaking his head. Well it's no use to dwell in the past... even though if it is full of regrets.

"Mommy?"

A small little voice said, pulling him out of his thoughts before he looks down seeing Lavender tugging on his pants.

"Oh, hello there, Love..." He hums before blinking down and seeing a piece of paper in the smaller's other hand. "What do you got there kid?"

Lavender simply smiled up at him before holding up the paper and displaying it with happiness.

Sans looks down on it, eyes widening a little as he saw what was in it.

It was a badly drawn picture of three people, two of which he was sure was him and Lav seeing that the colors used were blue and purple, he glances at the third figure which was drawn with the colors of black and red.

"And who is that one?" He asked, maybe already knowing who exactly it is.

Lavender's smile just widened. "It's uncle—"

The soft ringing from the pocket of his phone cuts the other off as Sans fetch it from his pockets before seeing it was simply just an alarm he had set. He checked the time before looking back at Lavender.

"Go and get your bag from upstairs kid, it's almost time for you to go to your first day at kindergarten," He hums softly while Lavender simply nodded his head and gently put the paper in his hand before walking off.

Watching the other's back as the child walk off, he then turns back to the drawing in his hands before smiling softly.

It was gosh darn horrible but even then, to him, it was just perfect...

He may have regretted his past...

But he can never regret ever living at this very moment...

___

Lavender placed a soft kiss upon his cheek before Sans stood up from his kneeling position and just rub the other's head. They were just in front of the classroom doors to which leads to his son's class as Sans is simply saying dropping the other off.

"Well kiddo, are you ready to go in there?" He asked his son only for Lavender to puff his cheeks and look down on the ground with tears edging on the side of his eyes.

Sans rose a brow at the smaller's reaction before sighing and opening his mouth to say words of encouragement but before he can even do that, a voice cuts him off.