3| Let Me See The Stars First

"You are the illness I will never cure. You are the poem I will never write. You are the thought I will never finish. You are the text I will never read."

Maria Elena, Eternal Youth

___

Friend, a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations.

Sans hasn't really had many close friends this past few years, sure he has Wine, but the other was busy most of the time and is pretty much his only friend in this neighborhood of his. He looks around the neighborhood, eyes looking through each house. He knew everyone in this place; the Adams family, Mrs. Lopez, the Ramirez family and a few more. He considers them his friends but still he really isn't that much close to them, not that he minds it at all.

He sets his eyes upon the road, hands place upon the wheel of the car while occasionally he would glance at his rear-view mirror to check on Lavender. Speaking of friends, his son seems to be making a lot at this point which he was pretty happy about.

There was a boy that Lavender kept mentioning about, whose name was... May? Well it was what his son calls them, but Sans has never met them personally. Lavender had introduced him to one of his friends before, they were a small child in the hospital, their name being Liatris as Sans could remember correctly, thanks to them, Lavender has been looking up on going to the hospital just to see this kid.

Fingers tapping onto the wheel to the beat of the song that was playing by the radio, Sans hums along while he could hear Lavender doing it as well.

"Mom? May is asking me if I would like to go to a picnic with him and his family after school on Monday, can I please come?" Lavender asked while peeking from the backseat.

"Well kiddo, are his parents nice?" Sans asked carefully.

"I haven't met his parents before, but May says that they are really cool and great!" The other chirped, voice seeming to be imitating someone else's own.

Humming in thought, he shrugs he shoulders. "Eh what could go wrong? Sure thing kiddo, just be sure to be home before 5 in the afternoon, okay?"

"Okay!" Lavender happily said back with a big grin upon his face.

Sans really does need to meet this kid.

___

"Your mom's cookies are the best!"

Liatris hums while munching down onto the sugary treat that Lavender has handed him as Lavender's grin widened.

"I know right!" He said back before taking a big bite out of the cookie of his own, crumbs falling onto the bed sheets of the hospital bed that both were sitting own.

"Ah right, I found something interesting while looking through the book earlier." Liatris said through teeth full of cookies before he took the small book upon the bedside table, moving his hands to open it before fumbling a bit.

Blinking at the other's attempts to open the book, Lavender sighed before gently shoving the cookie in his hands onto the latter's mouth and taking the book from Liatris' hold, him opening it.

Liatris awkwardly chuckled before taking the cookie out of his mouth. "I was having a hard time with these gloves..." He huffs while referring o his covered hands.

"Why do you wear gloves anyways?" Lavender says while blinking a few times.

"I get cold easily and dad said I'm more prone to...hypothermia? Or something like that which is bad, he says." Liatris said as he shrugs his shoulders. "I don't really like gloves since they make it, so it is hard for me to feel or do anything much."