5| A Flower's Guardian As So Love is...

"Lavender? You are rather quiet today..."

A voice said, pulling him out of his thoughts as Lavender glance to his side seeing the small skeleton looking up at him with a worried look in his eyes.

Blinking a few times, Lavender shakes his head as he frowned slightly. "...I'm just fine, May." He said as he tried to make his voice cheery, only for him to fail so miserably.

Frowning at him, Mauve gently took ahold of his hands as he huffs. "I know you aren't." was what he said, in a serene and soft voice, like he knows whenever Lavender was lying.

He was bewildered for moment from those words before sighing and puffing his cheeks as he averts his gaze to the side. "I...I have this friend in the hospital, and I'm just really worried about him."

The other was silent from his words before smiling gently at him. "It's okay Lavi! I know he will be fine, as long as he knows that many people are wanting for him to go on, don't you think that's enough to get him to be safe as well?" Mauve softly said as he was holding his hands lose to his chest.

Lavender glace at the smaller as he can't help but smile from the contagious grin the other has upon their lips. "Yeah, they will be fine... and 'Lavi'?" He asked as he looks at Mauve with a perplexed gaze.

"Many people already call you 'Lav' while you on the other hand is the only one along with my parents to call me 'May', I want to call you something different from the others..." Mauve pointed out with a small frown upon his face.

Raising a brow at the other, Lavender snickered before breaking out into giggling. "Yes but, pfft- why 'Lavi' out of all things? It is pretty much Lav anyways and that you made it longer."

The smaller huffs. "That... That nickname is still a work in progress..."

Lavender simply laughs.

___

Whistling a small tune under his breath, Sans looks through the crowd of children who were excitedly running out of the small building before spotting his son who was holding hands with another child who looks to be Lavender's age. They look so happy together that it even feels like the humming wind and the soft colors from the sun about to go down was shining them both, making Sans subconsciously smile.

Running up to him, Lavender grinned before gently letting go of the child's hand to hug him. "Mom!"

"Hey'a kiddo, how was school?" He asked while grinning down at his son as he tucked his hands inside his jacket's pocket.

"Just fine." Lavender hums softly before tugging the child closer to him as he gestured to them. "Mom, this May! The one I've been talking to you about." The other chirped.

Glancing down at the child, Sans pauses once he got to see the other's one lone eyelight, it reminded him of somebody else's eyes in a far-off memory, the purest blue he has ever seen...

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Sans!" The child greeted him, voice being gentle and soft but at the same time cheerful.

Huh, this kid really does remind him of someone.

"Nice to meet you too, kid." He said back in a lax tone, eyes observing the smaller.

Strange...

It's like he has seen this child somewhere before.

___

Humming softly, Sans was making a few peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kids. He picked them up earlier because today was the day that Lavender would be having a sleepover at Mauve's house and that apparently Mauve's parents were too busy at that hour, so Lavender informed him about them asking him if he can be the one to pick them up so they can just get them off his house later.

Seeing the kids walking in the kitchen as they were laughing, Sans subconsciously smiled before walking towards them and kneeling down as he handed the small plate with two sandwiches in them towards Lavender and Mauve.

"Here kiddos, this ain't dinner but since I'm pretty sure both of you are hungry at this point, why not have a little snack?" He said as the two already took the sandwiches from the plate.

"Thanks mom..." Lavender said as he smiled up at him while Mauve hums and nodded his head in confirmation.

"No problem, Love."

...

"Love?" Mauve said in confusion before turning to Lavender. "C...Can I call you Love too? It sounds really cute and fitting for you...~" The other cooed.

Lavender blinks a few times at the smaller before smiling happily as he nodded his head. "Mmph- of couwse!" He said with a mouthful of food as Sans chuckled from that before using the sleeve of his jacket to wipe away the crumbs upon the other's cheek.

Standing up, he shrugs his shoulders. "Seeing May's parents over here is going to take a while, what do you kids want to do till then?"

The kids were silent at first, blinking a few times before they glance towards the other and started murmuring of what they should do at the given moment.

"Wanna play snakes and ladders?"

"We already played that back at school though, uhm... how about just play hide and seek?"

"That's not fair though, I just got to your house and don't know this place as much as you do..."

"Ah right, sorry~ how about—"

Smiling softly at the sight of the two children before him, Sans turned his back and walk to the counter to lazily clean it up.

___

"Well... I guess the sleepover is cancelled."

Sans snickered as he saw the two kids passed out on the couch, the blaring lights of the TV playing was shining upon them while Mauve has his head resting on Lavender's shoulder as their hands were intertwined between them. Sighing, he took a pink fuzzy blanket from a closet nearby and place it over the two children before taking ahold of the remote and shutting off the TV.

Glancing back towards the two children, he fetches his phone from his pockets before taking a picture of the cute view in front of him as he decided that this was too good of a moment to not miss. Sans looks towards the clock before shaking his head.

Mauve's parents are about to be here in exactly 5 minutes...

They will probably just carry Mauve and sit him on the car as who can even wake up this sleeping kids.

....

Huh, he wonders what this kid's parents even look like—

There was a knock on the door.

Placing his phone back in his pockets, Sans walk towards the front door, him placing his hand upon the doorknob before opening it slowly.

....

"...S-sans?" 

___

I love cliffhangers~

1132 words.