Side Story| New Home, New Life And... Neighbor? [1/2]

Fun fact: This was supposed to be the 1st chapter at first (so if my writing is off it' because it's the first draft of February

___

Sans expected a new start with definitely no sight of anything from his past or anything that is familiar to it.

But at last, reality came... by literally knocking on his door. 

___

Sans regrets a lot of things in his life.

He regrets lying to his brother, he regrets shutting his friends and family out of his life and he regrets...

Sans sighed.

There's just a lot of things that he regrets ever doing.

He fucks up every once of a while and the consequences of his actions are always hard to bear.

Yet if there is one thing that he doesn't regret.

It was this tiny living being resting on a small little wooden crib. Their chest rising and falling every time the other breath.

Sans was sitting on a chair to get a full view on his child watching them with such love, afraid that something might happen if he turns away from his baby even from just a second.

Everything's alright....

Everything is...

___

Sans sighed as he put away all of his things from a small box.

He look around the room seeing a couch and TV place and in set. Stars, how glad he was that this house was already fully furnished or else he would've had a hard time.

The place may be fully furnished but it still look so plain, almost as if no one live in it all. Well it was probably because they just move in a few days ago so that was to be suspected.

Sans took a picture frame from the box seeing him and his brother when they were younger. His hands linger at it for a few seconds before he place it on the top shelf.

He rummaged around the box a bit more before his hand stops at a particular picture frame.

It was a picture of him with Blue and Red.

They were on the couch asleep, both Red and Blue leaning into him as a green blanket was wrapped around them. The picture was taken by Stretch at one of the dinner parties that was being hosted by the other.

Sans remembers that night quite vividly. He remembers laughter, a movie marathon, board games and the smell of rosemary tea that Papyrus wanted all of them to try.

Sans smiled, a bittersweet one, before shaking his head. He takes the picture out of the picture frame while at the same time trying so hard to ignore the note written on the back.

Putting the photo on the side, he replace it with a picture of him and Lavender as he once again tried to not look at the note written behind said picture. He was holding his baby, a tired look in his eyes but that smile he was wearing was just so sincere and genuine. They were in the hospital at that time and Sans was still sitting on his bed but the smile made the plain looking background look so alive.

"WAhaHhawah."

Sans sighed hearing the baby monitor that was set on the table. It seems Lavender has woken up now.

Sans teleported there to greet the sight of his crying baby inside the crib.

He gently pick the other up in his arms before cradling the other.

"It's okay, it's okay Love, I'm here...." Sans said in a gentle whisper as he tried to stop Lavender from crying.

Love, a nickname he had made for the other seeing the closeness it has to 'Lav' itself.

Calling the other Love means that he'll remind his child that he loves them very much which what Sans found endearing about the name.

Love.

Such a simple and intricate meaning.

___

Sans is new to this neighborhood, he was at rush so he wasn't actually able to view the place so much. All he knows is that it is a remote area with some lovely people and a daycare close by to his home, a perfect place to raise a child indeed.

He haven't met his neighbors either seeing that he literally just moved in yesterday and is supposed to take care of a 4-months-old 24/7 so Sans supposed he would meet them in a few days.

So he definitely didn't think he would meet them right away or the possibility that said neighbor would greet him in the front door but here he is anyways.

His doorbell ringed making Sans look at it's direction with a raised brow. Was it some door to door salesperson? He looks at the time seeing it was 7 pm, no it was too late for that.

With Lavender in his arms, Sans opened the door only to be greet with a familiar looking skeleton.

"Razz?"

The other chuckled.

"I think your mistaking me for someone else."

___

836 words.