7| Purple Lilacs Have Shy Spirits

Lavender puffed his cheeks as he blinks a few times at the small skeleton hiding behind Mauve.

Was he really that scary?

He thinks to himself as he watches said skeleton taking a few peeks at him as their eyes lock for a moment before they quickly hide themselves behind Mauve once again.

Glancing towards Mauve, he rose a brow as the other simply nervously laughs. "Come on Leo, it's just Lavender, the friend that I have been telling you about." Mauve said softly as a way to try and calm said skeleton.

Lavender doesn't really know them, all he knows that he woke up with this... Uncle Razz? Person saying that his mom is just out with a friend and that he will be back in an hour. He wouldn't have trust him seeing he is a stranger, but his mom left him a note and Mauve seems to know them so if they trust him then maybe he can trust them too. Other than the adult, they came with this small kid too, who was just a few centimeters shorter than Mauve.

He tried to make himself less scary by holding up his teddy bear and presenting to the other but even then, they were still cowering in fear.

Frowning, Lavender thinks to himself as he held tightly to his teddy bear before stopping still as an idea made its way into his head. Putting down his stuff toy, Lavender cleared his throat.

"U-uhm... yes I am scary! I am the foul dragon!" He said as he held up his hands and flail them around slightly. "And you two are my prey!" He said as he lets out a feeble roar.

Leo was blinking in surprise at this while Mauve simply smiled, seeming to be getting the hint. The other turned back to Leo. "What are you waiting for Leo!? Come on let's run!" Mauve laughs softly as he ran off with the smaller trailing behind him.

Easing at this, Leo was now giggling as he ran away from him as Lavender chased after them with glee.

That wasn't bad, right?

___

Giggling softly, the children were now laying upon the bed as their backs were pressed against the mattress. Sweat dripping down their foreheads while they were caching their breath from all of the running that they just did as the sound of their chattering filled the room

Lavender has gotten to know Leo the course of this past hour and he was actually really fun to play with. Sure, Leo was shy and timid at first but even then, Lavender considers that as one of his best traits.

"Leo, Mauve, get your things, we're going home." A deep voice said, cutting through their chattering as the children sat up on the bed.

There just by the door was this 'Razz' person, a permanent scowl was place upon their lips as sharp eyes look over at them. He looks scary to Lavender, even though the child really wasn't feeling any terror for them, but it was surprising when Leo feared him when his dad is like that.

The two skeletons stand up off the bed before walking towards the adult. "Did you two had fun?" Razz asked as he looks down his son and nephew.

"Yup!" Mauve happily chirp as Leo nodded his head meekly.

"Dad, can I come over here again? I wanna keep playing with Lavender~!" Leo cooed as he was tugging upon the fabric of his dad's pants. Blinking down at him, Razz frowned as he looks over at Lavender.

Lavender stops still under the latter's gaze as he simply stared back in wonder before Razz finally break the gaze and turned back to Leo. Pausing for a few moments, he sighed. "Fine..."

"Thank you, dad!"

___

There are a few things in life that one can never fully understand.