Babysitting the Twins

Author's Note: Just a heads up that this oneshot follows everything that's happened in season 3 so far except Alice never sells her house so she's back in her house after leaving the Farm. Okay that's it, enjoy!

It had been a month since the Farm had been taken down. Betty finally had the evidence needed to have Edgar and Evelyn arrested and the Farm disbanded.

Alice was in disbelief as the Evernevers were cuffed and shoved into FP's Sheriff's cruiser. Everything she knew and loved at the Farm had been a lie and again she felt lost.

Luckily Betty was there to help her readjust back to life without the Farm, along with weekly therapy visits. And to Betty's surprise, she was getting back to her old self more and more everyday.

Unfortunately, they couldn't say the same for Polly. Unlike Alice, Polly had been a part of the Farm for over two years now and had a lot more issues to deal with than Alice. The Farm had been her rock when Jason was killed and when she had the twins, it was much harder for her to cope with the incarceration of the two people she trusted more than anyone else in her life.

That's when Mrs. Weiss, the social worker who helped Betty with the take down of the Farm, suggested Polly be taken somewhere to be rehabilitated. Greendale Recovery Center had apparently been taking in many of the Farmies to help them deprogram and slowly transition back to their normal lives. Betty made sure to do extensive research on the place, making sure it wasn't another Sisters of Quiet Mercy in disguise.

It took a little convincing, but once Betty mentioned how beneficial it would be for her twins, she agreed. Alice had also agreed to watch the twins while Polly was away, more than happy to spend more time with her grandchildren.

But Alice had no idea what she was getting herself into. It had been two weeks since Polly left Riverdale and started her rehabilitation program in Greendale and she was exhausted from the constant attention the twins needed.

Of course she had done this before, having raised Betty and Polly. But the twins weren't as cooperative as her daughters had been growing up. She blamed the way the Farm taught Polly to take care of the babies, specifically Edgar.

Alice held Juniper on her hip and rocked Dagwood in his bassinet, trying to get both of them to stop crying. The bags under her eyes showed that she hadn't slept a wink since Polly left, and unfortunately Betty had been busy with finals and not able to help as much with the twins.

She heard a knock on the door and then her front door swinging open. "Alice? You home?", she realized immediately who it was.

FP peeked his head into the living room and saw Alice clearly exhausted, trying to get Juniper and Dagwood to stop crying. "Betty wasn't kidding when she said you had your hands full", FP gently took Juniper from Alice and tried to soothe her.

"Betty called you?", she sighed. "I can handle this myself FP, I've taken care of kids before believe it or not." She said in a sarcastic tone, clearly irritable from the lack of sleep.

"No, she didn't call, I heard her talking to Jughead about how since Polly left the babies have been little devils", he looked at Juniper, "Isn't that right Julep? You're a little demon aren't you?", he said in a slight baby voice, and she continued to cry.

"It's Juniper FP, if you've come to help, at least know her name", she rolled her eyes and continued to rock Dagwood. "I've given them both a bottle, checked their diapers, everything! I don't know what to do."

"I might have an idea, it worked with Jellybean when she was a baby, come on", he grabbed her keys from the coffee table and started walking outside.