Helen Smith

Alice was frantically moving around the house, straightening up everything in sight. She wanted to make sure the house looked presentable for her mother's visit.

"Alice, you've moved around those pillows 3 times already", FP looked at his girlfriend who was clearly panicking, even though the house looked immaculate. "The house looks fine, hell, I'd even let the Pope come over."

"FP, my mom will find anything to complain about, I can't give her that chance", she started dusting the already perfect fireplace mantle.

He walked up behind her and gently put his hands on her shoulders, rubbing them gently. "It's going to be fine, we're all going to have a nice weekend together", he felt her release some of the tension in her shoulders.

She stopped dusting and closed her eyes, letting herself enjoy the little massage FP was giving her. It didn't last very long before she heard a timer go off and she bolted into the kitchen.

FP sighed, at least he tried.

It wasn't long before the doorbell rang and Alice rushed to the door, taking a deep breath before opening the door with a big smile on her face, "Mom!", she said as they hugged.

Helen Smith walked through the doors of the Smith/Jones house, "Forsythe Pendelton, my, my", she handed Alice all her bags while walking towards FP.

Alice struggled to hold her bags and close the front door, but her mother didn't seem to notice. She eventually got them and moved them to the side of the stairwell.

"Helen, always a pleasure to see you", FP smiled at the woman he knew from his childhood. A lot had changed since the last time he saw her, back in high school she was a single mother on the Southside downing pills like they were candy. Alice had filled him in that after she married Hal, she left the Southside as well and married a very wealthy man in a neighboring town. She changed her persona just as Alice did, and switched out her love for prescription pills to vodka.

Helen took off her oversized sunglasses and cupped FP's face, "I can't say I'm surprised you two started screwing again, look at this handsome face!"

"Must you be so crude mother? You just got here", Alice sighed and walked into the kitchen, Helen and FP following her.

FP chuckled, it amused him seeing Alice and her mother interact.

"Where's my sweet Betty by the way? And Charles! My handsome bastard grandson I have yet to meet", Helen started rummaging around the kitchen.

"Please don't refer to our son like that mom, he's off in another state working on an assignment so he won't be able to join us", Alice was thankful Charles wouldn't be here this weekend, she wasn't ready for him to meet his grandmother. "Betty and Jughead are visiting Polly in New York, they'll be back tomorrow. Polly wanted me to tell you how awful she feels that she won't be able to come see you during your visit."

FP noticed Helen looking around the kitchen and assumed what she was looking for, he grabbed a bottle of wine and poured her a glass, handing it to her.

Helen smiled and took the glass from him but before she could tell FP thank you, she turned to Alice, "I'm sorry, Jughead? What the hell kind of name is that?"

Alice rolled her eyes and pulled out a casserole from the oven, placing it on the stove for it to cool. "That's FP's son, Betty's boyfriend? I've told you this."

"Well, thank god you named Charles", Helen raised an eyebrow and took a long sip of her wine.

After what felt like a long dinner of Alice and Helen going back in forth and FP just watching in amusement, getting a few words in, they all headed to bed.

Alice made sure her mom was settled in the guest room, before walking into her bedroom where FP was changing into his normal sleepwear. She closed the door behind her and walked up behind him, pressing a soft kiss to his neck.

"What are you up to Al?", he raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing", she replied back in a mischievous tone.

"Did someone have too much wine at dinner?"

"Maybe", she said softly as she continued to kiss down his neck and to his shoulders. "Can you blame me? My mom could make a preacher want to drink."

FP chuckled softly and turned around to face her, "Well, at least she likes me." He moved a strand of hair out of her face.

Alice rolled her eyes and gave him a half laugh, "Of course she likes you, I think she wants you for herself."

"Well then I guess this is the wrong time to tell you that I'm leaving you for your mother", he tried to keep a straight face as he said it but before he could finish his sentence, she was hitting him playfully in the chest.

"Shut up FP", she shook her head and smiled at his stupid joke before pressing her lips to his, moving him over to their bed.

Alice rolled off of his body after they had both finished, she took his hand in hers as he moved his fingers across her serpent tattoo that covered her thigh.

"It's like high school all over again, with your mom just around the corner", he laughed softly. "Except we were a lot more adventurous then, remember when we had sex on a roof?? I mean how did we not get caught?"

Alice laughed, "We had so many cuts and bruises, why did we do that again?"

"Because we were stupid", FP smiled at her.

She sighed, "Thank you FP for being okay with my mom staying with us, I know she can be a handful."

"Al, it's no problem, really,'' he pressed a kiss to her cheek. "I like -", before he could add to his response he heard the door to their bedroom open.

Helen walked in their bedroom and towards their bed where they were both lying covered in their sheets but clearly naked. "Alice, honey, where do you keep your vodka?"

She wiggled an eyebrow with a smirk as she sat on the edge of their bed, "Oh, am I interrupting something?"

"That's it, I'm taking her to a hotel", Alice said under her breath for FP to hear.