Family Time

"Coming!", Alice yelled from the kitchen after hearing a soft rap on the front door. She wasn't sure who it could be, they rarely got unexpected visitors this late in the afternoon.

She opened the door to see her son Charles standing there in a casual looking button down and jeans, "Hey Alice, is Betty home?"

"Come in honey,'' she opened the door wider for him and smiled. She was always pleased when Charles made a stop at their home, especially when it didn't have anything to do with his work.

"Betty and Jughead are at a movie and Jelly Bean is at a friend's house, but your father and I are just having some tea and watching a documentary, do you want to join us?"

Charles hesitated for a moment, to be honest, he hadn't spent much time with both of his parents alone and the thought made him nervous. They were still in this awkward phase where he didn't call them mom or dad and he wasn't sure what to talk about with them that didn't involve his work at the FBI and the Farm. But he smiled and nodded, "I'd love to."

FP walked up the steps from the basement and smiled when he saw his son, "Well hey there, everything alright?" FP said as a precaution.

"I just came over to talk to Betty about some Junior FBI stuff, but Alice just told me she wasn't here", he nodded at his father and then looked at his mother, he could tell it hurt a little when he didn't call her mom. He just wasn't there yet.

"I invited him to join us! Have a little family time", Alice smiled widely, FP could tell she was thrilled to have Charles over.

"Sounds like a great idea to me, why don't I order us a pizza or something?", FP pulled his phone out.

"How can I say no to pizza?" Charles smiled and sat down on the couch and noticed the stack of board games on the coffee table courtesy of Jelly Bean never putting things back in their place. "What is Clue?"

"Honey, you're an FBI agent and you've never played Clue? It's like a gateway to amateur sleuthing as Betty says", Alice giggled.

"I've never really played board games", Charles shrugged and looked at the box. "Sounds interesting."

"Well now we have to play!", Alice grabbed the box and started pulling out the pieces. "FP get over here, we're playing Clue."

FP finished his call with the pizza delivery place and walked into the living room, "Can we play something I'm not horrible at?"

Alice rolled her eyes, "Your father may be the Sheriff of Riverdale, but he cannot for the life of him win this game." She giggled and chose her usual character, Miss Scarlett.

Charles chuckled and chose Professor Plum as his pawn, setting him in the correct starting space.

It wasn't long before they were eating pizza and laughing hysterically as Charles won for a third time in a row.

"I'm telling you, it's all strategy, and you just have a horrible poker face", Charles looked at Alice as they laughed.

"How? I kept a completely straight face!", Alice scoffed playfully, FP grabbed for another slice of pizza.

"Your left eyebrow arches up when you're lying", Charles grabbed for another slice as well.

"He's right Al, you're not a great liar", FP stuffed the piece into his mouth.

"Okay this isn't fair, you're both trained interrogators, of course you can tell when I'm fibbing."

"Okay, well then let's play another game, what's your favorite?" Charles looked through the stack, he was having a great time with his parents, the awkwardness completely melting away.