Home Alone

FP walked into his home with two boxes of pizza in his hand.

He looked around at the usually chaotic and busy home to see that it was completely empty.

"Anybody home? I brought pizza", he knew if Jughead was home he'd come zooming through the living room attacking the whole box of pizza. But nothing.

A few seconds later, Alice walked into the living room with a cup of hot tea in her hand. "The kids are all out, can you believe it? I haven't heard the house this quiet since it was just Betty and I living here."

"Even JB?" Ever since his daughter moved in with them he'd been very protective over her. JellyBean had a wild and adventurous spirit like her mother, which made him extra cautious. He wanted to be a good father to her and keep her out of trouble.

"Relax, she's at the football game with Betty and Jughead", Alice set her cup down on the coffee table before walking over to him. "I told her if she needed anything she can call me."

FP gave her a smile with a sigh of relief.

"I think she's finally warming up to me, I know it's been hard for her with Gladys leaving and then me moving in,'' she took the pizza boxes from him and set them down on the nearest table. "And you and I haven't been very subtle about our affection towards each other."

"I think you telling her that you used to be a Serpent earned you some cool points", FP chuckled and walked up behind her, putting his arms gently around her waist.

Alice closed her eyes, just enjoying the silence along with FP's hands roaming her lower half.

"You know, being home alone has its perks,'' he whispered softly in her ear.

She turned around, "Yeah?", smiling, biting her tongue in a teasing manner.

Alice put her hands on his chest and leaned in, kissing him softly. He cupped her cheek, pressing another kiss to her lips, this one more urgent.

Alice smiled, pulling away only inches from his lips. "Where should we take this?", she could feel her body temp rising.

"Dining room table?", FP raised an eyebrow.

"Absolutely not, we eat there with our children, next", waving off that suggestion immediately.

"Couch?"

"Perfect", she pushed him down on the couch, moving on top of him almost immediately.

~~

"God I hope the kids go to more football games", FP tried to catch his breath as Alice's body laid on top of him.

Alice pulled a blanket hanging from the couch and put it over them. "Maybe we can convince them to go to other sporting events too."

"I could not agree more", he chuckled and grabbed his phone from the floor to check the time. He frowned when he saw a message appear on his lock screen.

Alice saw his mood shift and sat up, "Everything okay?"

"They arrested Hog Eye for drug possession, they want me to interrogate him tomorrow to see if he knows anything about the new drugs coming into town."

"That doesn't sound like Hog Eye, he was always the straight laced Serpent out of everyone", Alice looked at him. "You think he's being set up?"

"Could be", he sighed. "Being Sheriff, my goal was to try to make this town a better place, but, I feel like I'm just going against my tribe."

"The serpents hate me, and I don't blame them", FP set his phone down.

Alice looked into his eyes and cupped his face, "You're just doing your job, if anything, you're proving how much you do care for the Serpents."

"They may not see it now, but they will", she smiled softly and pressed a light kiss to his lips.

"I miss being a Serpent", he looked down. "I don't know if they'd even want me back."

"FP, whatever you decide to do", she ran a hand through his hair. "I'm there right beside you, I'm so proud of how far you've come."

FP smiled and looked at her, "I-", before he could finish his sentence, he saw headlights shine through the window.

"Shit, the kids are home", they both got up quickly, retrieving their clothes and putting them on as fast as possible.

Once the kids walked in, you could hear Jughead and Jellybean immediately arguing about something football related.

FP sighed and looked at Alice, "The quietness was good while it lasted."