Chapter 1: Pineapples

" Just a small-town girl
Livin' in a lonely world
She took the midnight train goin' anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train goin' anywhere
A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile, they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on "- "Don't Stop Believin'"
(originally by Journey)
(feat. Cory Monteith, Lea Michele, Amber Riley, Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz, Chris Colfer)

Chapter one

Her

Choices, choices, choices hmm, what to choose what to choose. Don't you have that moment where you had to pick one or the other even though they were both favorites? I could eat pizza or hot wings for lunch but I can not decide.

This school is so cruel why are making us choose; this feels just like making your parents pick their favorite child, or choosing between Dave Franco and Justin Bieber, or even picking which Harry Potter book was the best, just plain cruel.

I always knew I would be put in this situation but I did not think it would be in the lunch line in the second week of school and with hangry teens screaming at me to 'Decide Already!' like this is not a life or death situation.

'Shaking my head' what has the world become. Forget it I'll just be fat and get both.

"I'll just get both please," I say to the kind lunch lady before walking to my seat in the corner. I glare at the people behind me in the lunch line move I pass them.

Hurrying to my table I quickly sit down and start to devour my food. I don't even notice the people at the surrounding tables throwing me disgusting looks.

'Whatever' I think before hearing a crash. I jerk my head to the front of the cafeteria and see the jocks playing like always.

Don't they have anything better to do than disturb the peace." Sigh" idiots. Not my business I thought before turning back to my delectable food.

"N-No I'm s-so-sorry pl-please don-don't. I-I d-don't w-want t-to cau-cause an-any tro-trouble" a scared voice says somewhere in the front of the cafeteria where the jocks were situated.

'What's that' I think out loud before I scarf the rest of my food down and make my way closer to the commotion.

This confuses me because the curious people always die first in scary movies, and here I am being curious and going to see what the noise is.

Walking to the front I notice that a circle of jock standing in from of the cafeteria doors.

"What's going on?" I ask a bystander that is eagerly watching whatever was happening in the middle of the circle. I look at her expectantly but she was so engrossed in the debacle that she doesn't hear me.

Shaking my head, I aggressively elbow her in her gut before pushing the other people out of the way.

"What the heck is going on over here," I look around at everybody's face so I can remember them before my eyes connect with the shaking body of a boy that is currently curled up on the floor, protecting his head with his arms.

"I'm about to get real upset if y'all don't start opening y'all degrading mouths and fill me in on what is going on. Everybody up here laughing, I want to laugh too. So what's so funny?" I look at them sternly before stopping on the boy who I believe is the leader of the group.

They all scratch their necks before looking away nervously. I scoff before I looking at the scared boy on the floor still shaking.

I walk up to him and send him a gentle smile before trying to help him up from off the floor.