Chapter 8: Cucumbers*

"Is it really me you're missing?
Or am I the only one who'll listen? Mmm All of these high hopes and low blows I hope you know Just how much it hurts to believe you I should cut this off, but I need you I should help myself But I can't help myself"-Is it really me you're missing by Nina Nesbitt

Chapter Eight

I guess this is what the books always talked about

I guess this is what the books always talked about. That sensation you feel at holding that special someone's hand.

Our hands looked so weird together if I was being honest, but it worked. Her hand was so small and completely covered with my hand.

I think this was what those movies and books meant when they talked about the other's hand texture.

Her hand felt like someone who washed dishes regularly, it was so smooth and soft to the touch I wanted to know how it felt cupping my face.

Her hand in mine made my arm feel gooey and tingly, I couldn't help but want to feel this sensation forever.

When I felt her hand slipping away I tightened my grip after remembering what my brother said about taking a leap and going for it.

"Ugh no one wants to be around an insecure weirdo"

I know this was a sight to see a giant and a little person standing in the hallway while holding hands.

"I-I'm not," I said reassuringly. "Wh-What is y-your next class?"

She cleared her throat, "Uh I'm actually not in the mood for school. Do you want to leave and get some ice cream?" she asked curiously.

I didn't really want to go back to class. I didn't want anyone else to ruin my mood, and if I go back to class something negative was bound to happen.

I nodded silently and she smiled and gripped my hand tighter. She pulled me (or more like I walked) towards the school doors.

She was laughing uncontrollably and I was watching her with a soft smile while making sure I don't start dragging her small female with me.

I pushed open the double doors and we walked out into the blinding sunlight.

"Whose car are we going in?" she asked while stopping in the middle of the parking lot.

∆∆∆

"I-It just doesn't make sense," I said while shaking my head. "Why wo-would you go thr-through all of that t-trouble just for it to go down t-the same way."

She raised her hands in mock surrender "I don't know. I just do okay."

We were currently sitting in an ice cream shop discussing weird things we did.