Chapter 13: Lettuce*

"When I'm feeling like life's really putting up a fight
And I don't know the reasons why
From the front to the back
Through my head down my back
And I know it's gonna be alright
'Cause my sanity, it's just a half-flip
It's just a half-flip away
'Cause my sanity, it's just a half-flip
It's just a half-flip away
'Cause my

Easy come, easy go
What's the point of even trying anymore?
Emotional, hopeless
Spending each and every night restless
Issues and tears stained tissues
You're worth too much to be misused
When you're feeling like the world is ending
Just use this sweet and simple remedy" My sanity by McClain sisters

Chapter Thirteen

Once he sat down I turned towards him

Once he sat down I turned towards him. "Thank you," I said trying not to show the confusion on my face.

He's always nice and is a true gentleman but this takes the cake. This is that boyfriend type of behavior and I'm all here for it.

"Y-Your wel-welcome," he said while biting into his pizza. I turned towards my pizza and started to eat it also while looking at him out of the corner of my eye now and then.

"What's your next class? I have a free period next" swallowing my food I waited for him to answer.

He placed his pizza down and wiped the side of his mouth "S-Study h-hall".

"Yes," I thought. "That's basically a free period also."

I nodded. "Can I stay with you? If you don't mind of course" I said with a hopeful smile.

I like spending time with him even though he doesn't talk much. His presence is very calming and welcoming. I usually spend my free periods watching Netflix in an empty classroom. So I needed a change and I'm sure he could too.

He nodded, signaling the end of the conversation, but I didn't mind there would be more talking later.

Finishing my pizza I wiped my hands on a napkin and casually look around the cafeteria. It was bustling with people, but I couldn't find Sylar or the group of jocks. They probably were still recovering from their beating.

I had forgotten all about that honestly, I wonder what the principal thought about the whole ordeal.

Looking at him I could realize he wasn't bothered so I decided I wouldn't be either. I'm sure he would have talked about it if something was to happen.

I started to gather my trash since the bell was about to ring in a couple of minutes. I reached to grab his trash since he had paid for our food.

I ignored his look of disapproval and went to take our trash to the nearest trash can.