Chapter 12: Apples*

"Love it's hard, I know
All your lights are red, but I'm green to go
Used to see you high, now you're only low
All your lights are red but I'm green to go

I want you
I'll colour me blue
Anything it takes to make you stay
Only seeing myself
When I'm looking up at you
I want you
I'll colour me blue
Anything it takes to make you stay,
Only seeing myself
When I'm looking up at you" -The song is Blue by Troy Sivan cover by - Toby Randall

Chapter Twelve

I wanted to punch myself in the face

I wanted to punch myself in the face. For one I'm still stuttering like an idiot and I literally told her she looked pretty today. Which isn't a lie but it's basically insinuating that she doesn't look pretty any other day.

I couldn't believe I just blurted out the first thing that I could think of, I didn't like the sad look that was on her face, I wanted her to look happy again. She's too kind and caring to be sad, and I don't like that sad look on her face.

I blushed while trying to avoid her eyes, which was futile since she was so close- not that I minded but, it was hard to hide when she was this close.

I could feel my palms sweating and I silently hoped she didn't notice it. I gently tried to remove my hand from her hold but she didn't let it go.

"Not today, hot-stuff," she said cheekily. "Did you eat? Cause I'm hungry" she looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to talk again. She never minded my stutter the few times when I did talk.

She always wanted me to talk more and pushes me out of my comfort zone, which I admired about her, but I couldn't do it. No matter how hard I tried. I wanted to- trust me I did, I wanted to tell her everything that was in my mind. I didn't want to be that awkward and oversized baby that couldn't talk properly.

Every time I'd try, the negative thoughts would come and I'd be back at square one.

But even through all of this, she has tried to get me to talk more with a smile on her face. So I'd try again just so I can see her beautiful smile get even bigger.

"I'll g-get y-you s-some-something," I said while standing up. I couldn't help but scold myself, I should have been offered her something to eat.

"You're always messing something up aren't you. A total disappointment"

She laughed it off. "Hey, it's okay. We could go together." She must have noticed how I was feeling, she always seems to notice. She stood up while I awkwardly stood off to the side, pulling my hoodie further on my head.

She swung her backpack over her shoulder and moved closer to me. "What do you want to eat?" I shrugged it didn't matter to me what we eat honestly.