Chapter One

Years have passed since the fall of Darth Jahl and Darth Aolroth has taken his master's place as Sith Lord. Decreed by the Dark Council, the once hopeful apprentice has ascended to the rank of Sith Lord and has been given all of Darth Jahl's forces. At the space of the Republic capital planet of Coruscant, the Sith Dreadnought Devastator leads several other Sith warships to the planet's orbit. Commander Malavai Quinn watches from the bridge as the Devastator comes to a halt.

Quinn: Ensign. Have the planet's sensors detected us?

Imperial Ensign: No sir! We remain out of their range!

Quinn: Good. Send word to the fleet that they have orders to halt immediately. I don't want the Republic to know we're coming.

The Imperial Ensign obeyed and belayed his orders to the other Sith warships. Darth Aolroth soon makes his way to the bridge to speak with the commander.

Darth Aolroth: Coruscant. The Republic homeworld.

Quinn: Yes my lord. We are ready to begin the attack as soon as the order is given.

A call from the Holoterminal in the bridge begins to beep. They answer it to see the hologram projection of the Sith Lord Darth Malgus.

Darth Aolroth: Are we ready to launch the assault Darth Malgus?

Darth Malgus: I shall lead the assault on the Jedi Temple. You shall lead Shadow Squadron and kill General Elin Garza: leader of the Republic military. Her death shall cripple the war effort.

Darth Malgus: She will die Malgus.

Darth Malgus: The Republic and Jedi shall be destroyed this day! Commander Quinn, on my orders, you shall launch the assault on Coruscant.

Quinn: It will be done my lord. I await your command.

Commander Quinn replied as the holoterminal turned off.

Darth Aolroth: I shall go to Garza's location. It should be quick work.

Quinn: It will be a glorious day for the Empire my lord. I wish you all the best.

Darth Aolroth made his way to the hanger bay of the Devastator and sees Sgt Ianced Pierce and Shadow Squadron waiting for the Sith near a Sith Gunship.

Pierce: Commander on deck!

Sgt Pierce and Shadow Squadron stood in attention.

Darth Aolroth: At ease! Our mission is simple, infiltrate the Republic Military Command Center and kill General Elin Garza, while Darth Malgus leads the assault on the Jedi Temple. I expect nothing short of victory!

Pierce: Have no worry sir! Shadow Squadron won't let you down!

Darth Aolroth: Then let's move!

Pierce/Shadow Squadron: YES SIR!

Sgt Pierce and Shadow Squadron boarded the Gunship and began to make their way to the Republic Command Center to complete their mission. In the Republic Command Center, General Elin Garza oversees paperwork regarding the Peace Accords between the Republic and Empire. A trooper walks into her office.

Republic Trooper: Ma'am! Commander Malcom wanted me to deliver this to you!

The trooper then gave Garza the paperwork. She looked over it and got up from her chair.

Garza: I agree with Malcom's concerns. I don't trust the Empire let alone the Sith to want any kind of peace. These peace talks are just a distraction to launch an attack on key systems vital to the Republic. That is their way. But the Chancellor simply cannot see that. I've tried to warn him of the folly of this, but he won't listen to me.

Suddenly, the sound of explosions grab their attention. Garza looks to her window to see Sith Fighter ships attacking Coruscant and the Jedi Temple up in smoke.

Republic Trooper: What's happening Ma'am?

Garza: We're under attack! Rally up the troops!

But before the trooper could follow his orders, another trooper runs into her office.

Republic Sgt: General! We're under attack!

Garza: I already know trooper!

Republic Sgt: You don't understand! Imperial Forces are attack the Command Center! They're killing everyone! They're.....

But before the trooper could finish, Darth Aolroth cuts him down with his lightsaber. Shadow Squadron makes quick work of the guards near Garza. Garza pulls out a blaster pistol and shoots at the Sith, but he deflects every shot and cuts the blaster in half. He points his lightsaber at the General.

Garza: I knew the Sith would.....

But before General Garza could finish, Darth Aolroth decapitates the General with his lightsaber.

Darth Aolroth: Sgt! Begin a sweep of the Command Center! Collect any intel that Imperial Intelligence could use!

Pierce: Yes sir!

Darth Aolroth looks down on the general's headless corpse and contemplates his mission. Suddenly, his holocommunicator begins to beep and he activates it and reveals the holoprojection of Darth Malgus.

Darth Aolroth: The General is taken care of Malgus. My men have just......

Darth Aolroth informs the Sith, but is interrupted.

Darth Malgus: The Empire used our attack as leverage for Peace. Have your men fall back to the Devastator.

Darth Aolroth: What?! But we have the Republic on the run! If we continue the assault, we can end the Republic once and for all! This is madness!

Darth Aolroth voiced his disapproval.

Darth Malgus: This is not my choice. The Empire denies us both total victory. Let them reap what they've sow.

Darth Aolroth crushes his holocommunicator in his hands. He gave his orders to Shadow Squadron, disappointing the troops. As they made their way back to the Devastator, Darth Aolroth looks to Coruscant in flames. If they had continued the assault, the Republic and their Jedi protectors would surely have fallen. Yet they do not continue, leaving his faith in the Empire shaken.