Chapter Two

Years after the sacking of the Jedi Temple, the Republic and the Empire share an uneasy peace brought about by the Treaty of Coruscant. All Republic Forces withdrew from Sith occupied worlds, causing the Empire to gain new territories. Despite this, some within the Empire felt that the Treaty was a mockery of everything the Empire stands for. In the Sith homeworld of Korriban, a transport ship arrives and lands in the landing pad overlooking the Sith Academy. Darth Aolroth exits the transport ship and is greeted by a Sith Acolyte.

Acolyte: Welcome to Korriban my lord. We are honored by your presence!

Darth Aolroth: Is Overseer Tremel still expecting me Acolyte?

Acolyte: Yes my lord.

Darth Aolroth: Good. You may leave now.

When the Acolyte left, Darth Aolroth walked to Overseer Tremel's office. Walking the grounds of the Sith Academy brought memories of his time at the Academy. Memories of enduring unimaginable hardship to become Darth Jahl's apprentice. When Darth Aolroth reached Overseer Tremel's office, the two greeted one another.

Tremel: Welcome my lord. It has been some time.

Darth Aolroth: Yes Overseer. It has been far too long.

Darth Aolroth then shook the Oveseer's hand.

Tremel: The new batch of Acolytes have shown promise.

Darth Aolroth: Are there any Acolytes in particular that might warrant interest? I expect nothing but the best for an apprentice.

Tremel: There are two that show the most promise. One is a Kaleesh female. She was found hunting Jedi Padawans in Taris.

Darth Aolroth: Hunting Padawans is nothing compared to Masters.

Tremel: You make a valid point. But she was hunting these Padawans and killed them with her bare hands hand, with help from the Force no doubt.. She exhibited an affinity in the Dark Side. She was immediately picked up by Imperial Forces in the area and shipped off here. She has show remarkable talent in combat. She's called Nymeria.

Darth Aolroth: What of the other Acolyte?

Tremel: The other was a Rodian Smuggler called Kleetsih Syrro. He was caught in Dromund Kaas smuggling stolen Sith artifacts and selling them in the Black Market. When confronted, he used the Force to kill the Sith Commander leading the arrest. He was restrained and was sent here to avoid execution.

Darth Aolroth thought of those two Acolytes: a hunter and a smuggler. Both had the potential to become a worthy apprentice, but Darth Aolroth wanted an apprentice truly worthy of his power.

Darth Aolroth: Where are these two Acolytes?

Tremel: In their quarters awaiting their next trial.

Darth Aolroth: Summon them. I have a task for them. One that will decide who will be worthy to become my apprentice.

Darth Aolroth let his will be know as Overseer Tremel complied and sent a messenger to retrieve both Acolytes. The messenger had retrieved both Nymeria and Kleetsih Syrro and was escorting them to the Overseer's office.

Syrro: What does the Overseer want?

Messenger: Overseer Tremel has given me strict orders not to say. I was only tasked to retrieve you and take you to the Overseer's office.

This annoyed the former smuggler as he turned to the Kaleesh female.

Syrro: What do you think luv?

As Syrro asked the Kaleesh she says nothing much to the annoyance of the Rodian.

Syrro: Oh c'mon! Can you cut the silent treatment luv? I can easily warm you....

But before the Rodian could finish his flirtation attempt, Nymeria placed her hand on Syrro's throat and began to choke him.

Nymeria: I am not one of your cantina whores! Speak to me like that again, and I will show you suffering like you can't even imagine scum!

Nymeria hissed her warning at the Rodian as she let go. Eventually the two made it to the Overseer's office and saw both Tremel and the Sith Lord.

Tremel: Acolytes, this is Darth Aolroth. He is here for one thing: to find an apprentice to serve him.

Syrro: So this means we get a promotion? I certainly deserve one!

Darth Aolroth began to walk to the Acolytes.

Darth Aolroth: Only one of you will get that honor. As the Overseer has said, you two have been singled out because of your strong connection to the Force and an even stronger connection to the Dark Side. One of you will be my apprentice.

Syrro: So what do you want from us?

Nymeria: Show some respect filth! A great warrior stands before us. You will respect your betters!

Darth Aolroth: ENOUGH! Your task is simple. Inside the Tomb of Marka Ragnos, an ancient Holocron has been sealed for centuries. None have been able to retrieve it. You will find and take this Holocron.

Syrro: But didn't you just say that no one has been able to get this Holocron? How the hell do you expect us to get it?

Darth Aolroth: That will be up to you. I expect nothing short of victory! One of you will come back with the Holocron, and the other will most likely be dead. You will both be placed in separate entrances to the Tomb. Cooperation is forbidden! If I find out you worked together, I will personally cut you down! Now go.

Darth Aolroth gave his will to the two Acolytes. With the task given, both Acolytes ready to do whatever they needed to do to get the Holocron and ultimately, become Darth Aolroth's apprentice.