Chapter Nine

Darth Aolroth along with Darth Xhax and Darth Malgus leads Shadow Squadron to the Republic Base.

Darth Malgus: What do you want for the Galaxy, Aolroth?

This question had caught Darth Aolroth off guard. What he wanted was something most Sith don't even bother with. But Darth Malgus seemed different from the other Sith. At the same time, what he wanted seemed like a given destiny according to the Holocron.

Darth Aolroth: I want peace. True peace. Not the false peace that the Jedi preach! True Peace can only happen though force and fear!

Darth Malgus: An insightful and noble answer. Unlike most Sith and the Imperial bureaucracy, men like you and I seek what's best for the Galaxy. I saw this weakness on Courscant. I'm sure you saw it as well.

Darth Aolroth remembered the assault of Corurscant and how the Empire retreated especially at a time of victory.

Darth Aolroth: What the Empire did was foolish! We could've had True Peace right then and there, but they failed! They failed the Sith and betray all it's ideals!

Darth Aolroth growled with rage.

Darth Xhax: Master......

Darth Xhax attempted to intervene, but Darth Aolroth calmed down.

Darth Malgus: Darth Jahl was right.

Hearing that brought memories of his battle with Darth Jahl and how naive he was back then. He realized that Darth Jahl was right.

Darth Xhax: What do you mean?

Darth Aolroth: Darth Jahl was my master as you know. He attempted to rebel against the Empire. I fought and killed him, but not before him killing the love of my life. Now my love is the fuel of my anger. The fuel to my hatred.

Darth Malgus: The Empire is sick. They believe in superiority where it's unnecessary. They exclude Alien Races out of ignorance and stupidity. That will be the downfall of the Empire. But it doesn't have to be this way.

Darth Aolroth: What are you planning?

Darth Malgus: First let's acquire these Adegan crystals. More will be revealed in time.

Darth Aolroth is suspicious of Darth Malgus's intentions, but he knew Malgus was right. He thought of his old master and how Jahl spoke those same words. Had Darth Jahl not killed Seras, perhaps Darth Aolroth would've joined him. But fate played it's hand and brought him here. He approached his apprentice and Sgt Pierce to get their thoughts.

Darth Aolroth: Apprentice. Sgt. What do you think of the Empire?

Darth Xhax: The Empire means nothing to me. I serve you and only you.

Pierce: Shadow Squadron doesn't serve the bureaucracy. We serve fighters! Shadow Squadron would follow you into the jaws of death itself!

Darth Aolroth felt pride in his allies that had swore loyalty to him even in the face of absolute treason. Once the Sith detachment reached the Jedi Base, they readied themselves for battle.  In the Jedi Base, Darth Aolroth and Darth Malgus leads Shadow Squadron through the base, wiping out any Republic Soldier in their way. They soon reach the Command Room where Jedi Master Kaeden is waiting with his apprentice and a Republic Commando.

Republic Commando: We've been breached! Protect the......

But before the Commando could finish his command, Darth Xhax throws her lightsaber and decapitates the Commando and the lightsaber comes back to her.

Kaeden: I see you've come here for the shipment, but it won't do you any good.

Darth Malgus: You're surrounded Jedi. Protecting the shipment will mean your death.

Darth Aolroth looks to the Sgt.

Darth Aolroth: Sgt. Take your Squadron and clear out any remaining Republic forces. We'll deal with the Jedi.

Pierce: Yes sir! YOU HEARD HIM! Shadow Squadron move out!

Sgt Pierce relayed the Sith's orders as Shadow Squadron goes to take care on any Republic Forces remaining in the base. The Torguta Jedi apprentice pulls out and activates his double bladed lightsaber

Kaeden: Rhaegal. May the Force be with you.

Rhaegal: Same to you master.

Rhaegal says as he engages Darth Aolroth and Darth Xhax while Kaeden fought with Darth Malgus. Darth Aolroth and Darth Xhax were able to keep up with the Jedi's speed. Darth Aolroth unleashes a torrent of Force Lightning, but he deflects it onto Darth Xhax. The Kaleesh Sith responded by kicking the Jedi in the face. As the Jedi staggers, Darth Aolroth uses the Force to lift up a large crate and throws it at the Jedi who slices it in half. Darth Aolroth and Darth Xhax launch a coordinated attack and manage to overpower him. Darth Xhax cuts through his lightsaber and Darth Aolroth lands the killing blow on him. Once they finish, the two Sith rush to Darth Malgus who overpowers Master Kaeden and lands a devastating slash on the Jedi, gravely injuring him.

Kaeden: I.......have failed.

Darth Malgus: You fought valiantly Kaeden, but it is over.

Kaeden: There is no death. Only the Force.

Kaeden spoke his final words as Darth Malgus finishes him off.  Darth Malgus and the two Sith go to the shipment.

Darth Malgus: Join me Darth Aolroth.

Darth Aolroth: Join you in what?

Darth Malgus: Join me in forging a new Empire. The old one is a cesspool run by cowardly bureaucrats and bloodthirsty mad Sith.

Darth Aolroth: And how would you go to accomplish this? What armies do you have?

Darth Malgus: I have an entire Imperial Fleet under my command. And your fleet would ensure our victory. Peace. True Peace. And with these crystals, we would be able to create a Stealth Armada of our own! Join me Darth Aolroth.

Darth Malgus asked once again. Darth Aolroth knew that this was his pivotal moment. This single choice would decide the course of his destiny. He could remain loyal to the Empire, but he would forsake any hope of true peace.

Darth Aolroth: Yes.

That single word was all Darth Aolroth could say as he set himself on a course that would forever change not only himself, but the very fate of the Galaxy itself.