Chapter Ten

Darth Aolroth had accepted Darth Malgus's offer to abandon the Empire to form a new Empire. The Sith had accepted a path that would no doubt end in bloodshed, but if it meant True Peace would rise, Darth Aolroth would gladly accept any cost.

Darth Aolroth: Yes.

Darth Malgus: You've made the right choice Aolroth. With the combined power of our fleets, we can destroy all Republic Forces on Ilum!

Darth Aolroth: What of the Imperial Forces?

Darth Malgus: Grand Moff Regus is a callous fool. All military forces under his command despise him. They'll rally to our cause without hesitation. Any loyalists will be wiped out.

Darth Aolroth: Then when do we begin?

Darth Malgus: For now, I'll deliver the crystals to my Flagship. You will rendezvous with Regus and give him a false sense of success. On my command, you will kill him.

Darth Aolroth: And how will I know?

Darth Malgus: You'll know.

Darth Malgus then left for his transport ship with the shipment of crystals. Darth Aolroth and Darth Xhax rendezvoused with Sgt Pierce and the rest of Shadow Squadron.

Pierce: What's our next move sir?

Darth Aolroth: Tonight, we abandon the Empire. The time of Imperial bureaucracy has come to an end. I offer you all the opportunity to join me in achieving True Peace! Any of you who wish to leave, do so now!

Darth Aolroth laid his ultimatum to Shadow Squadron. Silence grips the Squadron for they knew what their commander was asking was treason. Any good Imperial trooper would take out their blaster and gun down the commander for treason. But not only did they fear his power, but they very much agreed that Imperial bureaucracy had failed them time and time again.

Pierce: As I said before, we'd follow you into the jaws of death itself! Without hesitation! IS THAT RIGHT MEN?!

Shadow Squadron: YES SIR!

Darth Aolroth then looked to his apprentice.

Darth Aolroth: What of you, my apprentice?

Darth Xhax: It was you that allowed me to achieve my vengeance. I owe you my life. I serve you and only you!

Darth Aolroth then pulled out his holocommunicator and contacted Commander Quinn.

Darth Aolroth: Commander Quinn.

Quinn: My lord. How fares the mission?

Darth Aolroth: The time has come for forsake the Empire. Time and time again, the Empire has failed us. The time has come for us to achieve our destiny.

Quinn: You speak treason, my lord.

Darth Aolroth: The Empire has committed treason against the ideals they claim to fight for! Continuing to serve such an entity would be treason to everything we stand for!

Darth Aolroth gave his response to Commander Quinn's response. Commander Quinn was moved by the Sith's words. He felt betrayed when the Empire seemingly forsaken the opportunity to conquer the Republic. Quinn had waited his entire life for that opportunity, but was denied.

Quinn: You make a valid point, my lord. Whatever you plan, I will follow you without hesitation.

Darth Aolroth had revealed Malgus's plan to Quinn and had him set up the Fleet of the Devastator ready to attack on Aolroth's orders. Darth Aolroth and his forces went back to the Imperial Command center and rendezvoused with Grand Moff Regus.

Darth Aolroth: The Jedi is dead and the crystals are recovered.

Regus: Good. Where are these crystals?

Darth Aolroth: As we speak, Darth Malgus is taking the shipment to his flagship.

Regus: How curious.

Suddenly, the holoterminal activated and the form of Darth Malgus came in and gave a speech.

Darth Malgus(Hologram): Fellow Sith, citizens of the Empire, too long the strength of the Empire has been beholden to the infighting of the Dark Council and the disappearance of an apathetic Emperor. Sith, children of Sith, warriors everywhere, I declare a new Empire opened to all who long the conquest, freedom from inhibition and the right to follow that passion. The Dark Council is dissolved, those who will join Darth Serevin and supporting me, cast aside your titles and let me lead you to victory!

Regus: What madness is this?! Malgus has lost his mind! This treason will not......

But before Regus could finish, he felt a lightsaber going through his chest. Shocked, he turns his head to see an unflinching Darth Aolroth staring him down with his hand on the lightsaber.

Regus: T....t....tra.......tor......

That was all he could say as he collapsed to the ground dead. As the Imperial Forces in the command center was stunned in fear, Sgt Pierce leads Shadow Squadron in the command center and aimed their blasters at them. Darth Aolroth then speaks to the stunned Imperial Soldiers and personal.

Darth Aolroth: The Empire has failed you! Men like Regus would throw your lives away out of arrogance of his position! Men like Regus sees you as nothing more numbers waiting to expire! Serve me and Malgus, and you will find true glory! You will find True Peace! The Empire denied you all the victory at Coruscant! They denied you the destruction of the Republic! Join our new Empire! And True Peace will be ours!

Seeing no choice, the Imperial Forces joined Darth Aolroth and by proxy, Darth Magus. Darth Aolroth then contacted Darth Malgus.

Darth Aolroth: It is done Malgus. Regus is dead and his forces have joined us.

Darth Malgus(Hologram): Good. Everything is going exactly as I had hoped for. You have achieved great results. I have received word from Commander Quinn that the Fleet of the Devastator has sworn loyalty to us.

Darth Aolroth: Yes. I knew Commander Quinn would see our way.

Darth Malgus: Today is a glorious day. Rendezvous with me in my Flagship, we'll discuss more there.

Darth Aolroth: Yes Malgus.

Darth Aolroth replied as he ended his communication. The first step towards Darth Malgus's grand plan was set beautifully, but more importantly, the first step towards True Peace.