Chapter Three

The trial had begun in the tomb of Marka Ragnos. Nymeria walked through the tomb, with vibroblade in her hand. When she was ambushed by failed Acolytes, she dealt with them with little effort. When the beasts that infested the tombs attacked her, she quickly dealt with them. The Kaleesh was determined to complete the task and become Darth Aolroth's apprentice. She soon reached the citadel where she saw the Holocron sealed in an altar. She attempted to break through the glass, but it did nothing. She tried meditating through the Dark Side, but it did nothing.

Nymeria: Just open damn you!

Nymeria shouted in frustration as she shot a torrent of Force Lightning at the altar, causing it to open. She picked up the Hoocron and began to walk away when she was ambushed by Syrro.

Syrro: How nice of you to grab that Holocron for me! Now if you would be a darling and hand it over!

Nymeria kicked Syrro off of her and readied her vibroblade.

Syrro: Sorry about this, but I don't have a choice here!

Nymeria: Of course someone like you would resort  to this! Only cowards would resort to tricks like this!

Syrro: I'm just trying to survive here luv! And being that Sith's apprentice is my ticket to freedom!

Syrro spoke his words as he charged as Syrro with his vibroblade. Nymeria countered the Rodian's wlid swings with a well timed block for each attack. Syrro then spit in her face and proceeded to kick her to the ground. Syrro took the time to throw a plasma grenade and cause the entrance to the altar to collapse, trapping Nymeria in the rubble. Syrro looked through the hole and took the Holocron through an opening.

Syrro: Looks like I'll be that Sith's apprentice after all!

Syrro then begins run away from the area with the Holocron in his hand, leaving Nymeria for dead. Back in the Overseer's office, Tremel and Darth Aolroth spoke.

Darth Aolroth: It's been a while since the trial started.

Tremel: It brings me memories of your trial my lord.

Darth Aolroth: Now it seems that history will repeat itself.

As Darth Aolroth says that, Syrro entered the room.

Syrro: Here's your Holocron! Looks like I'm your new....

But before he could finish, he felt the sensation of choking. He turned around to see a bruised and angry Nymeria holding out her hand.

Syrro: W...w..hat? How?! You're supposed to be dead!

Nymeria: If you want to kill someone, make sure they're dead scum! You attempted to steal a victory that was not yours! I found this Holocron and you thought treachery would bring you freedom?! Disgusting!

Nymeria growled at the Rodian as she closed her fist, killing him wirth Force Choke. She walked to his corpse and took the Holocron and took it. She then walked to Darth Aolroth and presented it to him.

Nymeria: My lord.

Tremel: It seems you have your apprentice my lord.

Darth Aolroth: Yes. I am done here Overseer.

Darth Aolroth spoke his goodbyes to the Overseer and walked to his ship with Nymeria. The transport ship made it's way to Darth Aolroth's capital ship: the Devastator. Darth Aolroth led Nymeria to his private quarters. Commander Quinn walked to the Sith Lord.

Darth Aolroth: Commander Quinn. See to it that I'm not disturbed.

Darth Aolroth laid out his orders to the commander.

Quinn: It will be done my lord.

Commander Quinn responded as Darth Aolroth closed the doors to his quarters, leaving Aolroth alone with his apprentice. Nymeria bowed before her new master.

Nymeria: What is your bidding my master?" Nymeria asked of her master. Darth Aolroth activated his lightsaber and raised it to her head.

Darth Aolroth: You shall serve as my apprentice. I expect nothing but loyalty. I will train you to be the strongest Sith you can be. Failure is not an option! Failure means death!

As Darth Aolroth spoke with authority he pulled another lightsaber from his belt and gave it to her.

Darth Aolroth: This belonged to my former master, Darth Jahl. It has killed thousands. Fulfill it's thirst for battle!

Darth Aolroth growled as Nymeria took the lightsaber. She stood up and looked at the lightsaber with pride. Nymeria activated it and marveled at the blade's crimson color and the hilts beautiful and elegant design.

Nymeria: I shall honor this blade with only the glorious of battles master!

She vowed her loyalty much to her new master's delight. She deactivated her lightsaber and bowed before her master once more.

Nymeria: I make this promise to you. I shall strike down all your enemies with vengeance and no mercy! My life is yours to do as you see fit! I am but a tool for your goals. I shall bring honor and glory to your name! This I vow to you my master!

Nymeria vowed to her master as Darth Aolroth smiled at the display of total loyalty.

Darth Aolroth: Rise my apprentice. Nymeria is no more. You are Sith! From this day forth, you shall be known as.....

Darth Aolroth closed his eyes as if communicating to the Force, as Darth Jahl had done for him all those years ago.

Darth Aolroth:......Darth.......Xhax!

Nymeria was no more as Darth Xhax rose.

Darth Xhax: Thank you my master!

Darth Xhax spoke her words with pride. Darth Aolroth had gained a new apprentice. The Kaleesh Hunter was now a Sith Apprentice and she was ready to serve her master with loyalty.