Sparing

"Nice work team drinks are on me." Gabriel said on the way back. Everyone began walking to the bar once we got off the jet, but I felt a firm hand on my shoulder. I stopped and glanced over. Jack's darting eyes stared back.
"Not you Y/N. My office, now."
I narrowed my eyes and frowned at him, but followed into his office. I took a seat in front of his desk and leaned back propping my feet up. He took off his gloves and visor. As he walked around the desk he slapped my feet off of it. He huffed loudly leaning over his desk.
"You think were running a girl scout camp here?! No one here is going to babysit you!"
"What are you talking about commander?"
"On every mission you are reckless! Constantly doing your own thing! You don't listen to orders!"
I stood up calmly trying not to yell.
"Believe it or not commander, my mission is to save your ass every time."
"Care to explain why shooting a camera is saving my ass!"
I started to get angry. I stood up staring Jack strait in his jagged face.
"Who do you think is behind those cameras, commander?!" I said raising my voice. "If Talon were to pull security footage from that base they would have arrived in a hurry with more guards than we could've handled. I extended the time we had to get out of there!"
"What if they noticed what kind of mess we made there and wanted to attack an Overwatch base?! They have the knowlege necessary to attack at least one of our bases!"
We argued for a while yelling in eachothers faces until he finally dismissed me from the room. I walked out in a huff letting the door slam behind me. I hate that he uses his authority over me like this, but the truth is not all men are created equal. In my rage I looked up and down the hall. Gabriel and McCree were leaned up against the wall of the office teying to look innocent. I rolled my eyes.
"You guys heard us didn't you?" I asked.
They both shrugged and scratched the back of their heads. I sighed.
"Hey listen. I know how difficult it is to fight Morrison. Believe me, but you should really stand up for yourself." Gabriel said patting my shoulder.
I laughed.
"As if arguing with him isn't enough for him to know his place."
"C'mon Y/N. You should know by now that all you've done is argued. Nothin's changed yet, has it?" McCree asked.
I tilted my head confused.
"What Jesse is trying to say is that instead of arguing, maybe you should tell him that you feel put down, mistreated, and bullied. Morrison may wear a visor, but he is blind to feelings." Gabriel explained.
I looked down now realizing what I was actually doing. I thought this whole time I was telling him how I was feeling, but in reality we were bullying eachother. I smiled and looked up at Gabriel and McCree. I threw my arms around them hugging tightly.
"Thanks you two. I needed that advice."
I broke the hug to see their faces getting hot with blush.
"Your welcome Y/N." They said together.
I skipped off cheerfully. I knew what I had to do.

----------The next day in training----------

It was early. I couldn't sleep with the thought of Jack on my mind. I decided to head down to the gym for a morning work out. I layed down on the bench and grunted as I pressed the bar up and down. I kept going. I wasn't feeling tired yet. After a few minites I would add weight to the bar pressing more and more until I felt stronger or until I needed a break. I heard the door to the gym swing open, but I didn't look to see who was there. I was too focused to care. I pressed and pressed. All of a sudden a large muscular hand grabbed the bar as I raised it. Jack leaned over me staring sharply at me. It frightened me a bit, but I didn't look worried.
"Your form is off." He said sternly.
I still held the bar in my hands.
"Did you just come in to lecture me Commander?"
He jerked the bar from my hands and racked it. I sat up and scowled at him. He walked to a bench against the wall. It was then I could clearly see he wasn't wearing a shirt. His chizzled body was covered in scars. He stood there wrapping his hands in tape. I watched him stretch as he walked up to the punching bag. He started to throw punches and grunting with each punch. The bag swung back with every punch. I walked over and held the bag. I saw him gently roll his eyes before he continued to punch.
"Your form is off, commander."
He took a big swing at the bag sending it out of my hands. I stood back and frowned at him. He took a few deep breaths and darted his eyes at me. He sniffled a bit.
"If thats how it is why don't we see how many times I can pin you to the floor? I've been in the mood to give you an ass woopin!" Jack exclaimed.
I smiled. This isn't what I had in mind to tell him how I feel, but boy did I want to punch his perfect teeth!
"You're on Commander!"
We set up a mat in the middle of the gym. I wrapped my own hands and got into position. We both stood for a minute with our guard up until I saw him throw a punch. I dodged it, but his elbow came back and hit my cheek. I shook it off quickly grabbing the next punch and twisting Jack's arm behind him then kicking his knee down. He grunted in pain and fell to the floor. I let go and he quickly hopped to his feet.
"That all you got shorty?!"
I motioned for him to throw a punch, teasing and taunting him. He tried to land an uppercut, but I dodged it too. I was definetly faster than him, but he was stronger. I'd be in trounle if I let him lay a punch on me. I had to constantly move. I could sense people walking by the window of the gym and staring at the two of us dueling. McCree and Gabriel walked in to train, but stopped to watch is fight.
"Well ain't this interesting!" McCree said.
Jack grabbed my arm and threw me to the floor. My chest getting the wind knocked out of it. I gasped loudly and turned over groaning in pain.
"Get up! We're not done yet!"
I stood shaking off the pain in my chest and tried to breathe slowly. This time I striked first landing a punch to the nose, one to the chest, and another to the stomach. It was enough for Jack to put his guard down. Again I wrapped his arm around and swooped my leg under his feet sending his large body to the floor. He exclaimed loudly in pain. I heard Gabriel and McCree wince as if they felt some of the pain. I bounced on my feet feeling fired up.
"You getting tired on me old man?!"
All of a sudden he spread his arm out and tripped me to the floor. I landed hard on my side laying next to him. His nose was bleeding. He had wiped some of the blood onto his hand. I heard McCree and Gabriel exclaim again and cheer me on. My head throbbed I reached up to feel it starting to bruise on the side. This was going nowhere. I stood up a d held out my hand to Jack. He narrowed his eyes trying to see if I was joking, but he took my hand and pulled me to the mat again. I kicked his knee and elbowed him in the face. He flew backward falling on his back. The room got quiet. I quickly stood scowling down at Jack.
"Seriously Morrison! We both went too far! Stop it!"
He groaned in pain holding his bleeding broken nose in hand. He winced and shut his eyes tightly.
"You little bitch! You did that so you could-"
"I didn't fight for anything Jack. All I wanted was a clean match. Your damn pride got in the way again!"
I looked away and sighed. Gabriel and  McCree stared wide eyed and silent. I held out my hand again. Jack was nervous to take it.
"Take my goddamn hand Jack! I'll take you to Angela."
He slowly took my hand and I helped him off the matt. I messes up his leg pretty good too. I attempted to swing his arm over my shoulder so he wouldn't fall, but he took his arm out of my grasp.
"No, I got it."
We began to walk out when Jack looked at Gabriel and McCree.
"Clean this up!" Jack exclaimed.
We walked out and went to the medical wing. We walked inside and I attempted to help Jack onto the geordi, but he slapped my hands away.
"Knock it off! Go finish training!" He yelled.
I crossed my arms and leaned on one leg.
"Sorry, I need to get some ice for my head, asshole."
"You embarrassed me!"
"You are the one who challenged me!"
"I'll do it again! Next time it won't be so easy!"
I sighed. I was tired of arguing with him like this. I just wanted him to know how I feel. Well, it's time to do that thing Gabriel and Jesse suggested.
"Commander Morrison? I really don't appreciate it when you talk to me like that."
He gasped.
"What did you say?!"
"With all due respect, I don't like it when you yell at me and bully me. I feel like you put me down and pick on me and as my commander I think that needs to stop."
Just then Angela walked in to see Jack's face covered with blood. She gapsed running over and grabbing his chin.
"What happened?! Jack, tour nose is completely fractured!"
"It's nothing! I just...ran into a pole!"
I coughed loudly and raised my eyebrows at Jack. He sighed.
"Actually, we were sparring."
"Who could've done this?! Were you sparing Gabriel again?!" Angela asked.
It was quiet. Jack refused to admit that it was me who broke his nose. I rolled my eyes.
"He sparred with me Angie."
She turned and stared wide eyed.
"It-it was you?!"
I nodded.
She took a deep breath and turned back to Jack.
"Well, for starters we're going to need some paper towels."
"I'll grab them." I answered.
I ran to the cabinets on the wall and unraveled some of the paper towels. I brought them back.
"Here."
"Will you please hold his nose with that? I need to grab my tools." Angela said.
Jack gasped.
"Tools?!"
Angela had already ran to her office. I sighed and stared at Jack's bloody nose. His nose was swelling up and starting to turn colors. I lifted the towel to his nose. He took it from my hand.
"Stop. I can do it mys-"
I was fed up. I threw my hand across his face giving him a decent slap.
"Why won't you let me fucking help you?!"
It was silent. Jack stared back at me, but I didn't recognize his expression. For the first time ever he looked terrified, like he'd seen a ghost. I stared strongly at him and held out my hand. He slowly handed the towel back. I shook my head and sighed bringing the towel to his nose. He winced in pain as I gently pinched it. Droplets of sweat ran down his face.
"Be gentle!"
"It wouldn't hurt if you stopped moving!"
"Your pinching too hard!"
I pulled the towel away and scrinched up my face angrily.
"You're such a baby!"
"It's still bleeding!"
He gently stroked the top of his nose and gasped.
"What the hell?! It's huge!"
"It's only going to get worse if you keep touching it!"
I slapped his hand away and brought the towel back to his nose. Angela finally came back. She set a small rool bag on the table. I took away the towel.
"Lay down Jack."
He layed on the geordi and stared at Angela in fear. She gently pressed around his nose and nodded. She faced me.
"Please step outside. You don't want to see this."
What did that mean?! I stared in shock and stepped outside closing the door behind me. Gabriel and McCree were there too.
"Damn, I haven't seen him lose like that since he spared me." Gabriel said.
"What goin on in there?" McCree asked.
I shrugged. All of a sudden I could hear Jack screaming from the other side of the door. It made me grit my teeth hard.
"Wait Angela, wait! No No No! Don't...!"
"It has to be done Jack! Stay still!"
"No wait I can't! GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"
Gabriel rushed in, I rushed behind him. Jack layed on the geordi groaning in pain. He grabbed at his nose. I walked over and took his hands from his face. His nose was straiter than it was before. I stared wide eyed. Angela came in and put some  bandages on Jack's nose. He looked like he was in a lot of pain just from his nose being put back in place. He groaned loudly and layed on the bed.
"You ok, Commander Morrison?" McCree asked.
Jack nodded and gave a thumbs up.