Bomb Crisis

McCree and Gabriel helped us load up. The ship began to take off when McCree started waving goodbye, but I looked past him to see Gabriel leaning against the platform door smiling mischievously up at Jack and I. It gave me the chills. The ships door finally shut and Jack shared the same nervous look I did.
"You sure you talked to him?"
"Yeah. Not sure if he listened."
Gabe was starting to piss me off. It felt like there was something else. Something about Gabriel that he wasn't telling me. Why would he go through all this trouble to try and win me over? If anything I'm moving further away.
"Hey Y/N? There's something you should-"
"Welcome to Illios." Athena said over the coms.
I went to lookout the window. We flew just over the Illios ruins and landed on a platform just over the city. We got word of a bomb threat and had to check it out. I suited up and we got off of the jet and walked down the steps of a white stone building.
"They said it was the church up ahead." Jack pointed.
I followed his finger to an old looking building with an iron cross steeple. Inside were two older women. They both came up to us begging for help. One of them pointed out the window into the middle of a plaza in the very middle was a large black device. It was round and had several wires coming out of it. A timer was counting down on the side. Several people were running around and cried in fear. Jack and I pushed through the crowd. He finally got to the device and put his hands against it. He was looking for some sort of panel or something to tell him what it was. We had no idea of knowing it was an actual bomb, but he found something on the side. It was a logo, a large T with a shield behind it. Jack turned and looked at me wide eyed.
"It's Talon! We gotta evacuate these people now!"
There was less than 20 minutes on the timer. We quickly evacuated everyone out of the area, but we already knew this bomb could blow the entire island. We called a jet to get the people off the island. Winston came to see if he could disable the bomb.
"This is very poor craftsmanship. Whoever made this bomb had no experience."
"It was Talon! We gotta disable this thing Winston. Can you do it?" Jack asked.
"Talon."
Winston opened up a panel and gasped.
"Just as I thought. This was Sombra's doing."
Jack grabbed Winston's shoulder.
"Can you do it?"
All of a sudden another blacked out jet flew in and landed next to the bomb. The door opened and Blackwatch came out. Reyes, McCree, Genji and Moria all stepped out and ran up to the bomb. We all turned and looked at them shocked.
"Reyes!" Jack exclaimed.
Gabriel moved without hesitation.
"Winston! Let Moira help you disable this thing. McCree, make sure there aren't any more civilians hiding. Genji and I will get the others to safety. Jack, you and Y/N stay here and get Moora and Winston outta here if they aren't able to diffuse it in time." Gabriel ordered and pointed to each of us before running to get civilians aboard the jets.
"Wait Reyes!" Jack exclaimed.
Gabe didn't stop. Jack sighed and turned to watch Winston and Moira work.

The timer strikes 5 minutes and the two scientists were still fiddling with wires. Both were sweating from head to toe. I panted hard.
"It's no use! We gotta get outta here!" I said.
"No wait!"
Just then Moira was able to pull open a new panel in the back of the device. There was strange glowing fluid inside of it. Moira stared in awe.
"No wonder we can't stop it. This bomb runs on biofuel." Moira said.
"English please!"
"We have to overload the system with biofuel."
"Moira what are you saying?!" I asked.
She ripped a tube from the bomb.
"Stand back." She said.
The three of us did. She stuck the tube into the needle coming out of her arm. The fluid in her suit began to drain into the tube and into the bomb. It began glowing brightly. Moira screamed and fell to the ground. The panel on the bomb began shaking rapidly.
"Look out!"
I quickly turned away covering my eyes and heard Moira exclaiming in the background. Then a loud burst and shards of glass hitting the ground. The screaming stopped. I looked to see Moira breathing heavily. She ripped the tube from her arm and sighed softly. I looked up to see that the timer had stopped on the bomb. The panel was smoking. Winston quickly checked the other panels.
"The bomb. It's diffused!" Winston exclaimed.
Jack and I sighed in relief coming in for a hug. We sat there relaxing.
"I think Reyes one upped us on this mission."
Jack chuckled and let go looking back down at me.
"Unfortunately I can't tell that to the public. Blackwatch has to stay in the dark."
I turned to the ground in fear. I knew Reyes would not take to kindley to that, and no one can stop him. The real question was what is he going to do?

🖤Hello! Thankyou for reading this far and thankyou for being patient. I was out of town for the 4th of July and had no time to myself to write. I am happy to announce that I was able to get some work done on my way back home including a new book! Why I chose to start a new book when I still have several unfinished ones is beyond my knowledge, but I hope you all enjoy it. It's a bit of a knockoff version of the show Riverdale that features horror and mysteries where the bad guys are the mascots from different food chains. I got this idea when I saw fanart of the mascots on facebook that made them look morbid and cool. I have decided to write this book called "Fastbrooke" about them. Please check it out....or not.....either way idc. Have a mysterious day!~Maddy🖤