Infiltration

The ship started up as we all stood inside the main chamber catching our breaths.
"I thought you were caught by that guy." I said.
Sombra stared confused.
"There was a guy? What guy?"
"I don't know. When my night vision went out I saw someone wearing a red glowing mask of some kind."
"Did he hurt you?"
"No, but he got pretty close. Once my night vision came back he disappeared."
Gabriel looked over his shoulder from the pilots seat.
"You didn't see him at all?"
"No, he wasn't like the russian soldiers. He was tall and all I saw was his mask." I said. "It was just a red visor of some kind."
"This is quite strange." Widow said. "I wonder why he did not attack."
"Whatever it was I'm sure we won't see it again amiga, this is the last time we come here after all."
"Don't be so sure Sombra." Gabriel said rasply. "We've slowed them down, but it won't take long for them to get the power back up."
"So what do we do?" I asked.
"We wait. Taking down the company of Volskaya Industries is not going to be easy. They are the only defense against the omnics. We have to make sure that the omnics keep coming. We must become superior."

9 years later...

"Do you come in?"
"Yeah, I'm here."
"Is this channel secure?"
"Not as secure as I'd like."
"We haven't had recorces for years. This is as good as it's going to get."
"Let's nake it quick then. What's the status on contacting headquarters?"
"Still unsuccessful. Winston is the only one with the Overwatch recal. Do you think it is the right time to call?"
"We should've done it a long time ago. The world will cease to exist if we don't."
"Hmm.....ok I'll continue the search. You still think you've got what it takes old man?"
"I'm not dead yet. Wait for my signal and I'll let you know when the time is right. I'll contact you ASAP."
"Right."

●●●●●●●●●●

"So how are you and Gabriel doing?"
"You know I don't talk about my personal life while we are working."
"Just wondering."
"Hey why don't you find someone special, since you're always so curious."
"Meh I don't really want a guy who might betray me. Besides I don't crave love. I crave information."
"R-Right."
She looked down at my hands.
"You still refuse to upgrade?"
"These hands haven't let me down yet. They were designed by a great scientist."
"Sure sure, if you want to call that old mad woman a scientist."
I frowned crossing my arms.
"After all these years you still don't like her, huh?"
"I refuse to appreciate a woman who experiments on what she has yet to understand."
"Well, I'm grateful. She saved me after all. She kept Gabriel alive too all those years ago. You call that guy alive you must be blind."
"I heard that!" Gabriel said rasply over the coms.
Sombra chuckled turning in her seat.
"I still don't get it. Just because something works doesnt mean you can't improve it. What if you had poisonous darts....Ooo or knives.....or-"
"Really Sombra, I'm fine."
"If you say so. Too bad you're just our get away driver today."
I chuckled putting a hand to my hip.
"Please everyone knows that I'm the better flyer."
Sombra quickly turned with a shocked expression.
"What that's not true?!"
"It is."
"Is that what all you puntas think?!"
"Oui darling." Widow said over the coms.
"I would have to agree." Gabriel said.
"Hm." I huffed crossing my arms a d smiling at Sombra. She frowned and rolled her eyes.
"Whatever. I'm gonna start hacking the doors."

"Damn it. You guys better get out of there before more guards show up."
"We're coming Robo."
The three of them stepped into the ship. I prepared for take off. Gabriek through his mask to the floor and slammed his fist against the wall of the ship.
"G-Gabe?"
"Just....fly."
I sighed and took off back to base.

With the ammount of times Gabe gets frustrated these days we have a designated punching bag for him in our room. This time he didn't use it. I walked into our room to see Gabriel already in his sweats and his fist through our wall. I didn't care though. I was more worried about him. I walked up behind his smokey body.
"G-Gabriel?"
"They always manage to slip through our fingers Y/N. I need to be better."
"It's not your fault Gabe. Have you considered that maybe the Russians are just stronger than us? There isn't much Talon can do against an army."
"That is why we are building our own army. The world needs to understand that."
I put my hands gently to his back.
"Just relax and try not to think about it."
"You know why I chose to stay in Talon."
Of course I knew already.
"Power, resources. You want to use them to be heard."
"How can I be heard of I'm not strong enough to take out the enemy?"
"You're strong enough to keep going and I know you will. You always come back stronger Gabe. Even if we have aged some."
He chuckled.
"I'd never let a couple more years bring me down." Gabe said finally turning to face me.
He pulled his hand out of the wall and shook it off. I stared up at his whithered face. He aged much better than we thought he would considering his condition. I took his hand and rubbed it a bit.
"Sorry about the wall. Guess I couldn't make it to the bag."
I giggled.
"Even when you're upset you still make jokes."
I kissed his hand. He held mine. I had gotten used to the fact that I could no longer feel anything with my hands. Just touch, but Gabe could feel me. He held my mechanical hands close, lifting my arms to his face. His beard tickled my skin as he kissed my arm then leaned in and pecked my forehead.