First "Mission"

The next day Gabriel and I headed downstairs. We followed a series of signs to the armory. I could see Moira's backside quickly turn away from us. Her usual crooked smile was darted towards us as she held the ends of a tape measure in each hand.
"Good, you're awake." She began. "Come here."
I walked up and spread my arms out so she could measure me. I felt Moira wrap the tape measure around different sides of my body. Even sides I didn't know mattered so much. She typed up the measurements on a holomat and started measuring Gabe. He occasionally let the measuring tape fall through his whithered body. He quickly apologized as Moira tensed up every time it happened. His measurements took a bit longer.
"Alright everything is almost ready." Moira said jotting down the last notes on the holomat. I tilted my head curiously.
"Almost ready?"
She stared up at us like she was waiting for something. We both looked back at her confused. Her glare shifted to each of us.
"I need your names."
I turned to Gabe then back at Moira and narrowed my eyes.
"You know our names, Moira." I said impatiently.
"No, your code names."
"Code names? What do we need those for?"
"Identification obviously." She replied. "You guys haven't come up with a y code names yet?"
We shook our heads. Moira rolled her eyes a bit and took a deep breath.
"Well then you have a big decision to make." She said. "Talk about it and let me know later tonight after your first mission."
"Our first mission?!" I asked. "So early?"
"Yes ma'am. Akande said you can take the troop suits for your mission as a temporary uniform."
"Our uniforms won't be here on time?"
"Unfortunately no. With times being so tough right now we are in need of extra assistance as quickly as possible. Now that Overwatch is no more people will be looking for ways to get by and people might still be rebelling. If that happends no one will fund us, so we need to do our part to keep Talon alive."
I looked down.
"I understand."
"Your holo screen should give you a mission brief. Visit the armory to pick up your gear."
"Thankyou Moira."
"I shall see you tonight." She said walking away.
Gabriel and I headed back to our room to be briefed. Our mission was just to walk around the base to make sure there were no trespassers. We also had to do occasional maintenance checks throughout the base. Seemed easy enough. We headed down to the armory and into a room full of identical suits. I put on one of the suits. It made a loud metal clank sound as I walked and was a bit too big for me. It occasionally pinched my skin ans was very heavy. The helmet smelled and immediately I knew these suits didn't get cleaned. Gabriel and I looked at eachother in disgust amd decided not to wear the helmets. I put my hands up to see the gears through each crack turn. I thought of what my hands could do and the guns equiped themselves on my wrists.
"Well I have weapons, but what about you Gabe?"
Gabriel turned to study the weapon collection displayed along the walls of the armory. He rubbed his chin and raised an eyebrow in thought. Then I saw his hands go for two large shot guns against the wall. He jerked them down and turned them over in his hands. They looked similar to the ones he used on missions back at Overwatch. I saw his mouth turn to a smile.
"These will be perfect." He said.
I smiled back up at him and I pushed a button on the wall. A hangar door opened and a bright light shone through the other side. I covered my face as it burned my eyes.
"Wow, I don't remember the sun being that bright." Gabriel said.
I tried to peek out from behind my arm. It was in fact the sun. Had we really not seen the sun for that long?! I couldn't believe how bright it was. We stepped out and turned away as out eyes adjusted. Soon the land around cam into view. We couldn't see much. There was tall grass all around the base. A small pathway sat beyond the door that cut through the grass. It was honestly nice to feel the earth under my boots. I turned to Gabe.
"Ok, lets split up and meet on the other side." I said.
Gabriel nodded and disappeared around the corner. I walked the other direction around the side of the building. Immediately I noticed we were on a tall hill looking over a grass field. It was beautiful. The grass was like a wave when the wind swept through it. I smiled at the site, but continued to look around the area. I could now see how large the base actually was, but it was nothing compared to how much of the Talon base sat under ground. Not much of the base was exposed. I continued my walk around. In the distance I could see a weird patch of grass. It was too far and too bright to see.
"Boo!"
I jumped out of my boots and tumbled to the ground. As I looked up to face my opponent, I could see Gabriel laughing so hard he was wheezing. I frowned at him long and hard.
"That's not funny Gabe!"
"Jesus Y/N! You should've seen you're fucking face!"
I stood up and tried to slap his arm, but my hand swept through just hitting smoke out of him. He still stood there nearly crying from laughter. I tried punching his stomach but my hand punched smoke again.
"Hey!"
I tried again this time hitting his solod body. He just laughed it off every time I threw a slap and he tried to hit my arms away. He started running down the hill into the tall grass. I wasn't quite tall enough to see over it, but I chased him down.
"Come here Gabriel!"
I heard his stupid laughing from a mile away. I quickly pusjed my way out of the grass to see Gabriel still running across the field. There was no catching up to him. I put my hands up and rolled them over.
"I wonder."
I thought for a minute and all of a sudden my hands changed. They turned into small rocket boosters. I stared amazed.
"Interesting."
I pointed my arms down and thought of what I wanted my hands to do. They fired off and I was lifted off the ground.
"Woah!"
I tried hard to support myself. I stopped mid air and leaned foreward. I started flying fast. I cut through the wind and went after Gabe in mid air. I was close. Almost just above him. He turned around and was confused to not see me running after him. He looked around for a minute before looking up. He gasped in fear and put his hands up, but it was too late. I cut the engines right at impact and tackled Gabriel to the ground.
"Gotcha!"
"Hey, since when can you do that?!" He said confused as I layed over him.
"I just found out."
"That's cheating!"
"And ghosting isn't?"
He grumbled a bit.
"Fine we both cheated. We should heas inside if everything out here is good."
I giggled.
"Let's go."