No Worries

👻Thankyou to those who have made it this far in the book! I feel like I might've given off the wrong impression about the story line. To those who think that this story is about having a threesome, I'm sorry to tell you that this is strictly a Reader x Soldier 76 fanfic🤣. I won't hold it against anyone if they decide to stop reading this book because there is no poly relationship. I will say that throughout the book you will see a....riveting....back story between Jack and Gabriel. Again this book is strictly about you and Jack. Hope you enjoy!~Maddy👻

The next day I found Gabe in the gym for his morning work out. I watched through the window nervous of how I should start this conversation. He always starts his work out by stretching his arms. Looking through the window that's what he started to do. After that he takes a few punches at the bag to warm up. I watched him more. He finished stretching and immediately went to punch the bag. I guess I knew him more than I thought. Which is why we have to have this conversation. I took a deep breath and walked into the gym. Gabriel grunted as he punched. He took a deep breath and turned to face me. Sweat glistened from his head. He smiled a bit and walked up to me.
"Hey Y/N. I was wondering when I'd see you since we got back from the mission."
"Hey Gabe. Welcome back."
"We've been gone for a while huh? Hey, the two of us should go out for drinks tonight." He suggested.
I bit my lip and peered down.
"I-I'm good Gabe."
I felt his hand go to my shoulder. I looked up and stared into his curious eyes.
"Somethin wrong?"
"I've been meaning to talk to you about Jack."
Gabriel shook his head and went to the bench to wrap his hands.
"If this is about him bothering you all the time, don't worry. I made sure he wouldn't mess with you anymore."
"That's actually what I wanted to talk about. The thing is that Jack and I; we're getting along now. We have come to an understanding, so.....I-I don't want you hurting him anymore." I said sternly.
Gabe looked up at me confused.
"I would never hurt Jack."
I started to get frustrated.
"Gabriel I'm serious! I know you have been hitting him and.....I want you to stop. I can handle myself ok?"
"But Y/N he-"
"No. Please Gabe. I don't want you to hurt him."
He stared sternly down at me.
"So all of a sudden you care about the guy?"
I crossed my arms.
"He's my commander."
"Bullshit. You wanna tell me what's really going on?"
I stared at Gabe sternly trying not to break eye contact.
"What do you think is going on Gabe?! In order to properly carry out missions Jack an I agreed that we should have a better relationship so that our future missions will go better. In other words we have decided to be.....friends."
Gabriel sighed and took a step back. He bought it and nodded. I successfully fooled him and got him to back off.
"Fine. I'll stop, but seriously Y/N, if you feel uncomfortable don't hesitate to let me know."
I chuckled and smiled at him.
"You'll be the first to know commander Reyes."
He smiled back.
"Heard you had a mission today. Good luck."

"Jack? Hey Jack?"
He was still asleep. I shook him awake. He rubbed his eyes and looked up at me.
"Hm?"
"We have a mission today. You should probably get ready."
Jack's eyes were wide. He quickly looked around and sat up looking at me.
"Did you make sure no one was coming by when you walked in?" He asked.
I tilted my head.
"Huh?"
"It looks suspicious if agents see you just walk into my room. You've gotta be careful."
I rolled my eyes.
"Why do you want to be so secretive anyways?"
"It's difficult to explain. As a Commander people expect me to be professional and to not engage in anything that could distract me from my work. So if people see that y'know I'm dating an agent people will question my leadership."
"Distract you?"
"Trust me Y/N. I don't see this as distracting, but others have their own opinions. Plus Gabe-"
"Don't worry about him. We had a chat this morning. He won't bother you anymore." I said smiling.
Jack stared at me shocked.
"Seriously?"
I nodded happily. Jack chuckled in shock and smiled.
"Gabe actually took it better than I thought. He seems satisfied and doesn't suspect a thing." I explained.
I threw a shirt into his lap and put my hands on my hips.
"Wheels up in 20 commander."