chapter four

Warning!! This chapter involves animal death and other sensitive things. I got the idea for this chapter from my own experience with my dog, who was my everything, dying while I was at school AFTER I just turned 7. If you're sensitive to mentions of animal death then please, read with caution. Thank you.

Severus woke up to hear something break. Despite his back still hurting like hell, he got up and quickly went to check on James. Of course, a broken vile on the floor. Thankfully, the potion that was supposed to be in the vile was gone. What type of potion? One that acts like a pain killers of course. "S-sorry sev.." James muttered. Snape rolled his eyes and cleaned up the glass. "So, how did the vile break, Potter?"

"My elbow accidentally hit it and it kinda fell... Hehe.." James had a small apologizing smile. Snape rolled his eyes. "How's your back..?"

"Still fucking hurts.."

"Oh, ok."

"Where's silver..?"

"I'm not sure.." Snape began to worry. He's had silver for most his teaching years and he wasn't ready for silver to leave. She was an old cat, yes, but she still meant everything to Sev. Snape quickly grabbed a few cat treats and walked into the living room and began to click his tounge. "Silver.. c'mere. I have treats.." Snape said. Silver didn't show up. Snape's heart pounded. 'had silver finally meet her end.. did silver actually leave me.. I never got to say goodbye... Oh god... My Silver.. i-is she d-dead..?' Snape thought to himself. He couldn't help but silently cry. Silver still didn't show up. "S-Silver..? Where are you? C'mon kitty.." Snape muttered. Silver didn't show up anywhere.. Snape wiped a few tears away from his eyes. "Sev.. Silver was old.. wasn't she?"

"Y-yeah..?" Snape hesitantly muttered. James sighed. "You've experienced pet deaths before if I'm not mistaken..."

"Life's not fair is it Potter..? It just seems to screw you over... To fuck you up mentally.." Snape said as he broke down. He had lost the second most important thing he really loved.. first Lily then his precious cat..

Awhile later, Snape was laying in his bed. He had silvers collar in his hand. He didn't speak nor make any other noises but soft cries. James sighed. "Sev-"

"Fuck off!" Snape snapped. He couldn't stop crying. He really did love silver just as much as he loved Lily and James. Snape stayed curled up, clentching the black and white collar tightly and closely. James sighed and sat on the bed. "Sev, I'm sorry. Ok?" James muttered. Snape didn't say anything. His eyes were red and teary, his body and breath slightly shook. 'cant he deal with the fact that people and animals leave? J-' James shook his head. Snape kept his sobs muffled. James suddenly got an idea. "I'll be right back, Sev." James said as he quickly got up and dressed. He then left. Snape sighed and looked at the collar. He clentched it to his chest and fell asleep.

James came back with something behind his back. "Sev. I'm back." James had a small on his face. Snape, who was under the blanket, pulled the blanket down a bit and looked at James, an eyebrow raised. James chuckled. "Since you lost your precious feline, I got you a gift." Snapes heart skipped a beat. James walked over and set down a small, white and black kitten with a copper and silver eye. It had a scar on it's nose but otherwise it was ok. Snape quickly picked up the kitten and hugged James tightly. He couldn't help the tears appearing once again. "Thank you.." Snape mumbled. He then went over and gave the kitten some food and water and a yarn ball to mess with. He sat on the floor and watched the energetic kitten hop around and attack the yarn. James smiled. 'at least snapes happy.' James thought.

How depressing 😢 anyways, im sorry it's shorter than usual. I'm tired. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. (Don't murder me for the depressing shit I put in here. I nearly fucking cried making this.)