chapter five

"Sev? Sseevv!? Where the hell are you!?" James growled as he searched the dorm. He heard a small meow and looked at his feet. "Hey Silv. Where's Severus?" The kitten meowed again and trotted off to a door, which James hasn't seen before. 'the fuck?' he thought. He turned on the light to the room and saw snape pacing around the room. There were papers and alcohol bottles scattered around the room along with a few weapons. There was also a few bookshelves around the walls and a table in one of the corners with a chair. Snape kept pacing and muttering to himself. "Maybe if I could- nevermind it won't work.. I've done that already... And that too... I've never told James, did I? No! Its better if you don't tell him anything. He'll probably hate you. But then again.. NO! Ugh. I'm fucking tired." Snape muttered. James quickly left. Snape didn't even notice the light turning on. He was tired and had multiple injuries on his legs and arms, which were hidden by his robes. He walked out of the room and saw James sitting at his desk petting Silv, which was short for silver and what Snape named the kitten. "I wonder what Snape was rambling about.." James muttered. There was a groan from the kitchen and a glass bottle shattering. "FUCK!" Snape yelled. James jumped slightly. "You Ok sev!?" James asked. There was a small silence before Snape answered with a slightly slurred, "Everything is f-fine.." Snape grumbled. He sighed and sat against the island in the middle of the kitchen and had a bottle of wine next to him. James got up and went into the kitchen. Snape quickly finished the bottle and threw it into the trash. "You know Sev, your gonna get yourself killed if you keep drinking." James sighed. Snape looked at James then at the floor. He brought his knees to his chest. James was a bit startled at this. "Sev-"

"Leave me and my misery.." Snape grumbled. He got up and went to the room he was in this morning. James growled. "STOP BEING SO STUBBORN FOR ONCE SEVERUS!" Snape froze. There was a long silence. "Stubborn...? Pft. I'm not stubborn Potter.. I just don't care anymore.." Snape's voice and body were slightly shaky. Snape continued walking to the room, leaving James there, frozen. 'what happened to the Snape I knew long ago..?' James thought.

Later, snape was sitting in the bathroom, back against the door. He had crimson dripping off his hands. "what have you done to yourself Severus..." Snape mumbled to himself. He quickly cleaned up the blood and changed since he had just gotten out of the shower and only had a towel around his waist. He had a long sleeve sleeping shirt and black and white paw print yoga pants. He walked out of the bathroom and accidentally ran into James, his head dizzy. "You ok Sev?"

"Yeah... Just.. a bit... Dizzy.." Severus muttered before passing out. He woke up in the hospital wing, his arms and legs wrapped in a layer of bandages. A nurse came over. "See you've finally woken up Severus. How are you feeling?"

"... Fine.." Snape replied in his normal tone. He was then sent on his way back to the dorm. It was spring break, meaning no asshole children. He went into his dorm and went into the kitchen. Sev suddenly noticed his alcohol was missing. "JAMES!"

"What!?"

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY ALCOHOL!?"

"I threw them out!"

"WHY!?"

"BECAUSE YOU'LL DIE GOD DAMNIT!" He went quiet.

James and Severus didn't really speak the rest o the day.

Sorry I haven't updated this story. I might make a smut next chapter. Fight me shadowside666