Chapter 1

Bai Yutang is the top student that excel in all aspects which no one can compare since elementary school. Even the second rank is so far behind him. He's been enjoying everything until his childhood friend, Zhan Zhao, move back into town and now transferred to the same high school.

They used to be best friends, doing almost everything together. Nothing seems to be able to break them apart. But one day Zhan Zhao suddenly disappear without a word along with his family. No one know where and why they went. The incident made Yutang very upset and mad at Zhan Zhao. So since that day forward, Yutang has swore to cut all ties with him, never again to be friends even if he did come back.

And now Zhan Zhao is standing right in front of Yutang. He has grown from the skinny little boy into a handsome young man. Originally he's already good-looking and now he's even more good-looking. All the girls in the class are whispering with excitement.

"I'm Zhan Zhao." He introduce himself.

With one simple sentence, the girls are going wild just hearing his sweet voice. Well ... to be honest, Yutang also likes listening to him as well. Now his voice is a little lower but still has that ring that makes you want to listen to him all day.

Yutang is snap out of his daze when the teacher told him to sit at the empty desk at the back by the window which is right next to him. The last thing he needs is to be too close with the person that he has already cut all ties with.

'Don't look at him, don't look at him' He hypnotizes himself when Zhan Zhao is coming closer.

Yet at that moment, he looks up to lock eyes with his little cute dark brown eyes, the same ones that he saw several years ago. Yutang can see the various emotions that flickers in Zhan Zhao's eyes: shock, happy, sorry and sad.

Zhan Zhao has already been told that he'll be going to the same high school as Yutang but he didn't expect to meet the lad so fast, maybe during lunch or after school. Of course, it doesn't end there, he's actually in the same class and his seat is right next to him.

If you leave someone without telling them anything, it'd be totally understandable that they'll be mad at you. That's exactly what Zhan Zhao sees when he unexpected meet his best friend, or to correctly say ex-best friend. 'Is there even an ex-best friend in this world?' He thought to himself when he takes his seat by the window and next to Yutang.

At that time, there was no other choice for Zhan Zhao family but only to go. No one knew what caused it except for Yutang parents. However, for the safety of everyone no one is to utter a single word about it. But now that everything has cleared up, he can explain to Yutang of the reason behind the disappearance. Well, only if he is still willing to hear the whole story from him. That is if he is willing to which doesn't seems like it at this point.

When each period is over, the girls would gather around Zhan Zhao's desk trying to introduce themselves and to know more about him. Actually, the only agenda on their mind is to find out if he has a girlfriend or not. If not, what's his type?

The boys in the class are rolling their eyes in annoyance especially Yutang. He doesn't like people hanging around his Zhan Zhao. "Can you shut up? It's really annoying!" He snarl at the pile of girls near his desk. Since he's the top dog, no one dare to say anything anymore and move away waving Zhan Zhao goodbye along their way. Then there's a faint "I'm sorry" which made him turns to the boy next to him but he's head is turn towards the window. He wonders if he was hearing things or did Zhan Zhao just apologize.

The morning pass by relative fast for some people, while Yutang could only disagree as he is feeling that time is somewhat tortuously slow. With every passing minute, he needs to suppress his urge to turn to the boy on his left. Pretending to look out the window with the intention to steal a glance at the boy from the corner of his eye.