Chapter 7

Zhan Yao stands by the bed looking at the intruder that invaded his bed last night and still snoring away without any sign of waking up. Various ideas to wake Yutang up are going through Zhan Yao's head ranging from nice little tap to the other extreme such as electrifying him. Finally, he decides on something rather simple; a bucket of water with ice. He just want his friend to have a fresh start for the day.

First, Zhan Yao abruptly remove the comforter cause he doesn't want it wet. Just the sheet and the pillow are already a trouble for the maids. The sudden little coldness makes Yutang only slightly stir and continue his sleep. Then the cold ice water is pour on him from head to toe without any mercy.

Yutang almost jumps out of his skin the moment the cold water hits his face and down his whole body. The poor lad is now wide awake, gasping and shivering while having no idea what's going on. Yet, it doesn't take long before he finds the culprit with the evidence still in his hand.

"Z-zhan Yao! You ...!!" Yutang has many things to complain but nothing is coming out because he couldn't make up his mind on what to say first while shivering all over.

"What? You slept like the dead, I tried every method but still couldn't wake you up at all. So I had to use the last resort. Honestly, I didn't want to do this at all."

"R-really? Why d-do I have a f-feeling that it w-was intentional?"

"Oh is that so? Then what are you gonna do if that's the case?"

"Nothing much." Yutang instantly reaches to catch Zhan Yao's wrist, pulling him strongly towards himself.

Well, in terms of strength, Zhan Yao is really no match for Yutang. As a result, the bucket drops to the floor while Zhan Yao slams onto Yutang. The world seems to have spin for a little while before Zhan Yao realizes that he's now pin onto the bed with Yutang on top of him, like lying on TOP of him and something hard is poking his thigh. Luckily, Yutang's intention is only to get Zhan Yao as wet as himself. Although the term wet is rather ambiguous.

"The water was so cold that I need someone to warm me up."

"How exactly does this warm you up? You actually got me wet as well so I'm pretty sure I'm not radiating any heat!"

"I think you're pretty warm. And don't worry I can be in heat just looking at you." Yutang says then buries his face in Zhan Yao's neck.

"Get off, Yutang."

"Just a little more, I'm still cold."

"Mom! It's not what you think!!" Zhan Yao suddenly exclaims and still trying to push Yutang off.

The surprised Yutang quickly gets off, turns around and kowtows immediately. "I was just teasing Zhan Yao for splashing water on me, Aunt Zhan." At this point, Yutang doesn't dare to lift his head up fearing that Zhan Yao's mother won't let him come here again.

Meanwhile, Zhan Yao leisurely gets up from the bed because it was just an act to get Yutang off of him. Of course, the victim hasn't realize this truth and still remains bowing on the bed waiting for some sort of responses that never came.

Upon sensing that something is wrong, Yutang slowly peeks up to have a look. The person he finds standing is not Aunt Zhan, but it's Zhan Yao himself who's giving Yutang a mocking smirk, then strides happily into the bathroom. And that's when the truth comes crashing on Yutang; he's been fooled. But at least, this is the original version of Zhan Yao.

However, Yutang still wonders what could be the reason behind Zhan Yao's sleep talk last night. Yet it's a topic that's somewhat difficult to be bring up. Yutang is busy thinking how he should ask until they pick up Feng Jie and the question seems to slowly disappear from his thought as he starts chatting with Feng Jie about what to do over the weekend.