Chapter 8

The GPS signal clearly shows that Zhan Yao is right here. But soon Yutang realize that this app only show information in horizon plane, the vertical plane is not included. So Zhan Yao is either above or below him. Which way should Yutang go first?

After a little thinking, Yutang starts to move. He guess that Zhan Yao would go up rather than down. He's also hoping that Zhan Yao isn't in the place on his mind: the building's roof. When Yutang opens the door to the roof, he lets out a sigh of relief because he doesn't see anyone here. Yet, something caught his attention just after he turns to leave. Carefully looking again, Yutang wants to smack his own head as he rush into the rain. How could he have missed Zhan Yao who's lying flat on the wet floor while the heavy rain beats down on him?

"Zhan Yao ... Zhan Yao .... what happened? Are you okay?" Yutang promptly kneels beside his friend and gently taps on his face. But there's no response from the other person which causes him to panic.

'He's not dead, is he? ... I can see that he's still breathing but he's not giving me any response.'   Yutang's figuring out what he should do. 'Maybe I should try what I always want to?'

Once the decision has been made, Yutang doesn't linger and takes immediate action. He bows his head down towards the person lying on the cold floor.

"What do you think you're doing?" Zhan Yao suddenly opens his eyes and asks before Yutang's face gets any closer than their current position. That leaves only a few inches between them.

"Uh ... I'm .... I'm just checking if you're okay."

Yutang is unexpectedly caught red-handed. Not exactly, he did expect to get caught but after this, not right now!

"Really? And what could you possibly find out whether I'm okay or not in this position?" Zhan Yao asks while keeping a calm face despite his nervousness from Yutang's face being so close to his.

"Well ... I could already find out that you're still awake."

"Now that you got the answer, why don't you move?"

"Oh ... right. I should move right away."

Without further ado, Yutang closes the gap between their lips. One warm lips touch with the cold lips below. Finally he's able to accomplish this easy yet difficult task because he feels that if he doesn't do it now, he might not get any chance like this anytime soon.

On the other side, Zhan Yao is stun at this sudden attack. He never thought that he would be kiss like this, but he couldn't accept this. Therefore he pushes Yutang away. Zhan Yao quickly gets up and wipes his lips.

"What are you doing!?! Is it so fun to play around like this!?!" Zhan Yao thinks that Yutang is just playing around with him in spite of already having Feng Jie.

Previously, he's upset about Yutang's closeness with Feng Jie. Though, it's neither of their fault that they meet and become close during the period Zhan Yao was kidnapped and had to recuperate. He's been counting the days that he can return ... but he forgot that others including Yutang has already moved forward and replaced him with someone else. At this point, he has realized that he harbor special feelings that's more than friends towards Yutang.

However, it's already too late. Now that Yutang has someone by his side, what's the point of kissing him? To mock him? To give him false hope?

"You already have Feng Jie with you ... Why did you kiss me? What do you want with me?" Zhan Yao blurts out his frustration.

"Wait ... let's back it up ... why is Feng Jie involved?" Yutang expects for Zhan Yao to be mad about being kissed yet his anger somehow involved someone irrelevant like Feng Jie.

"Didn't you replace me with him? Isn't he your boy friend or something?"

Just imagine being more than friends with Feng Jie can already give Yutang goosebumps. There's no way that he'll think like that. "That's totally wrong. And please never mention this again otherwise I might be having nightmares for the rest of my life! So scary, so scary."

"But ..."

"That guy's a good friend. But no more than that and can never be more. Do you really think that there's someone in this world that can replace you? And about the kiss ... uh ... um ... it's not a prank nor a joke .. I ... uh .. you see ... I always wanted to ... k-kiss you."

".................."

"Seriously Zhan Yao, you act as if you're ...." Before the last word comes out, Yutang's slightly startle when he seems to have realized something. 

"I'm what?" Zhan Yao asks with a hint of irritation since Yutang trails off and not finishing the sentences. However, he's embarrass from the tantrum that he just threw at Yutang because he thought Yutang prefers Feng Jie more than himself. Anyone could tell that it's a common reaction from someone who's jealous; therefore he asks while avoiding any eye contact since Yutang obviously didn't fail to notice it.

"By any chance ..... are you jealous?" Yutang asks with his voice evidently filled with excitement.

".................." Zhan Yao wants to find some place to hide and never come out again.

"Can I also assume that all your strange behavior is from this reason as well?" Yutang presses on and slowly approaches his dear friend.

"It's all in your head ... and what strange things? I don't recall doing anything out of the ordinary." 

"Let's continue this somewhere else ... I should help you warm up b'cuz you're icy cold from this heavy rain." Yutang wants to find some place with more privacy and cozy to continue his interrogation.

"I can go by myself .. I don't need your help." Zhan Yao fleetingly gets up yet he's not fast enough in which Yutang has grabs his wrist.

"You might not but I definitely do. I'm all wet and freezing because I'm so worried about you. Soooooooo ... you should be responsible to help me warm up." Yutang entwines his fingers with Zhan Yao's before lifting their joined hands and give a kiss on Zhan Yao's. Yet, he eyes never left from the other person.

At this point, Zhan Yao can sense the mischievous deliberately displayed within Yutang's eyes and in his flirtatious gestures. He swallowed hard and lets himself being dragged behind Yutang. 

Within a few minutes, Yutang has manage to come up with exaggerating excuses of all sorts for both himself and Zhan Yao.

'Who would believe such nonsense?' Zhan Yao inwardly mocks.

Yet to his surprise, the teacher actually believes Yutang and lets them go back home early. Then Yutang hurriedly informs both families with another set of excuse, different from the one before, which everyone believes it as well! 

Soon, their ride arrives in front of the school building and speedily takes them directly home. To Yutang's home. It's as if everything's on Yutang's side. Even the normally at home moms are out as well. Therefore, Yutang wastes no time in bringing Zhan Yao up to his room and locks the door after they enter.

*******************

A/N

Sorry for the late and kind of short update

Aiya ... what should happen next?