Prologue

Her name was Violett.

She often liked to describe herself as a "juxtaposing individual", from appearance down to personality. She had a set of obsidian black eyes that could compete with the dark stretch of the starless sky, contrasting completely with the flaming mop of tresses that sat upon her head. Being an unusual girl, she was a kind soul but capable of exacting revenge worthy of rivalling even the most troublesome children, showing signs of wicked cunning but exceptional loyalty to the people that surrounded her (especially if they gave her their History notes after she'd missed out by dozing off). A major procrastinator was not an appropriate description when she worked hard for things she was passionate in (not things like History, of course), and had a particular hobby in 'blessing the world with her voice' in the shower, which is where she deemed herself to be Beyoncé...

I put my pen down and stared at my English homework with a derisive snort. What was I even writing? Defeated, I put down my pen and stared blankly at nothing. I'll never be as good Queen Joanne Rowling when it came to writing in third-person; it just wasn't for someone who had no identity. 

I was sardonically donned Violett no-name by the children at my foster home because I had no last name – officially, I was registered as a 'Jane Doe' with a first name. You'd think that's bad, but it was better than having no last name at all, or names that mean something ridiculous in French.

My gaze drifted over to the Harry Potter merchandise organised like a shrine in the corner of my room. The books, which I always seemed to have I my possession wherever I went, were layered messily on top of each other next to the franchise jewellery I managed to get off eBay at low prices, and the posters hung proudly on the walls of my wardrobe which contained some Harry Potter clothes I begged my Carer to buy for me. I was a die-hard Potterhead – and a proud Hufflepuff (I sometimes wondered why I was one, though, since patience was not my forté).

I'd always thought once you dedicated your life to something so much that your whole world was shaped by it you would discover incredible things. For me, that was Harry Potter. Call me opinionated but it's literally the best thing in existence.

At least, that's what I thought from the moment I fell in to the book.

[Written: 09/14]
[Edited: 07/06/16, 09/07/17]

[Credits to meddlingkids for the current cover resource]

post-completion note because I keep seeing them: 👇🏽

they are NOT related! please stop commenting that!