14 | The First Day (Part One)

OK, first up, I just want to say a big THANK YOU to all my readers who have voted and commented so far, especially @flightyinagoodway YOU ARE AWESOMESAUCE!

Honestly though, I never really expected so many votes and reads - it just makes my...day? Week? Life? :P

OK, that's the end of my mini-rant for now. I hope you enjoy the next chapter!

***

Chapter Fourteen: The First Day (Part One)

The next morning when I woke up, I was moody. Why? Because of Lavender Brown. That girl is just so annoying! She keeps whining about her hair, moaning about her make-up, screaming and gossiping about boys like, "Oh my God, did you see Cedric Diggory yesterday?! I'm telling you he was sparkling under the candle lights..." yadda yadda blah blah.

Honestly, how can one person talk so much so early in the morning? And her voice. It's so high pitched and whiny- I wonder why my eardrums haven't burst yet. I just had to be dorm mates with her, didn't I?

Grumbling, I dragged myself out of bed and pulled out my uniform from my trunk at the end of my bed and walked past Lavender and Parvati who whispering about something, every now and then glancing at me.

I knew they were talking about me - I mean, I'm Snape's daughter, the new talk of the school.

Just as I was about to walk into the bathroom, it swung open, revealing a bushy haired girl with slightly large front teeth. Hermy!

I screamed.

She screamed.

Parvati and Lavender screamed.

So I screamed again for the sake of it. "What?" I asked, when they gave me strange looks. "I know I'm beautiful, but you don't need to look at me like that." I added cheekily using humour on reflex, before skipping into the bathroom, locking it, showering and getting dressed.

I know, I'm awesome.

***

When I entered the Great Hall for breakfast, Dean and Seamus waved me over the moment they saw me. I gladly walked up to them, taking the seat beside Dean. I was also next to Fred, who was apparently ignoring me.

Why you gotta be so rude?

"'Morning," I said tiredly, buttering myself some toast.

"Good morning, Vi," they replied.

"Vi?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

Dean shrugged, "Yeah, Vi. Short for Violett," he said.

"You don't mind, do you?" asked Seamus.

Smiling, I replied, "No, actually, I think it's quite nice." They smiled back. Just as I was halfway through my toast, I noticed Harry, Hermione and Ron entering the Hall. Their gaze strayed over to Malfoy, who noticed their arrival and did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit. There was a roar of laughter.

"Ignore him," said Hermione, who was right behind Harry as they approached the Gryffindor table. "Just ignore him, it's not worth it..."

Harry dropped into the seat opposite me, but he didn't notice it. I internally sighed.

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl with a face like a pug. "Potter! The Dementors are coming, Potter! Woooooooo!"

"Shut it, Pug-face," I snapped, my eyes reducing to slits, "or someone won't have a face to look at in the morning."