1 | I Fell In

Chapter One: I Fell In

I mean it.

I literally fell into a book.

Prisoner of Azkaban, to be exact - my favourite in the series.

It was when I was walking towards the collection that it began; I'd felt this weird tugging feeling in my stomach, kind of like someone had hooked a piece of wire around my intestines and was twitching it slowly, slowly, before colours swam before me and I fell face first onto the ground. Well, what I hoped was the ground. It definitely didn't feel like it.

"Bloody he--"

"Language, Ronald!"

Wait -- what?

I heard a startled scream as I rolled over onto my back, groaning. "What the hell just happened?" I muttered to myself, before opening my eyes.

There was a fluffy orange ball sitting on my chest, which appeared to have two large blue eyes staring past several strands of whiskers. Cat. Alarm bells went off in my head and I screamed, quite loudly, I might add.

The cat leaped off of me, and I scrambled on to my feet, practically leaping away from the fat, ginger thing. It looked like an overstuffed pig to me -- and it was terrifying. I don't like cats, they scare me -- the way their glowing, slit-like eyes watch your every movement, the way the tail moves, the hair rising on its body when it feels threatened -- just thinking about it makes me bristle and shiver violently.

"Um," started a voice. I looked up to see a tall, lanky red head with brown eyes staring at me in a mix of confusion and alarm. This must be Ron. Ron Weasley. I amuse myself sometimes. "Who are you?"

"Um... I..." I replied. My mind was a pandemonium of confusion as I tried to process my thoughts and questions.

"Right... and what are you doing here?" asked a bushy haired girl, who was definitely, without a doubt, Hermione Granger.

"Uh -- I don't know?"

I could tell she was getting agitated by my answers, but it's not entirely my fault! Okay, maybe the name thing was pretty stupid but, come on! How am I supposed to know what I'm doing here?!

"How did you get here?"

"Uh... I don't know." Am I going to keep repeating the same thing? I seriously don't want to-

Ah. There's a wand sticking into my neck. Great.

"What are you doing here?" she repeated, more forcefully. I didn't waver, however, as I replied with firm resolve in my voice.

"I told you, I don't know! And we all know you're not going to use your wand, it's against the wizarding law to use underage magic. So, put -- it -- down." Her grip weakened slightly, and I was overwhelmed with a wave of triumph that washed over me.

"You're right," said a voice suddenly, startling me from behind. "Put it down, Hermione." She obeyed, though reluctantly. "She can't," it stated, "but we can."

I whipped 'round to see a plump woman and man, both sporting red hair, pointing their wands at me, two older boys with similar attributes imitating their stance.

[Written: 09/14]
[Edited: 07/06/16, 10/07/17]