7 | Fluttering Feelings

Chapter Seven: Fluttering Feelings

What?

It's what?!

"It's WHAT?!" I screamed in Harry's ear, probably making him deaf. GOOD! HE DESERVES IT, THAT STUPID, LANKY, LAZY-ASS FUDGING SON OF A BI-

Laughter broke me out of my train of thought, leaving me confused. What's so funny? All I said was - Oh.

"Was this meant to be a prank?" I asked dryly, anger simmering down.

I could feel Harry attempt to shrug underneath me. "It worked, didn't it?"

"I can hear the grin in your voice, Potter. Wipe it off before I drag you across the wall,"

He seemed to be considering that for a moment, before tilting dangerously to the side, causing me to tighten my arms around his neck, practically choking him, making a weird sound that was a cross between a cry for help and whale. "You say that, but I'm the one carrying you." I huffed in annoyance when he straightened, the air blowing out of my mouth rippling his hair.

Harry carried me downstairs into the pub, where the Weasley family were waiting. It was breakfast time now and I was pretty hungry since I missed... lunch? Dinner? Both? Ah, who cares, I'm just hungry. And you never keep a hungry girl waiting.

"So," I said, while munching on my buttered toast. The Weasley's trusted me now; they apologised as soon as I came down, saying how if they knew I was coming, what happened wouldn't have happened. Pfft, I feel honoured that you're even talking to me - please, don't make me feel bad by apologising, said the stupid fangirling voice in my head. I forgave them straight away - because I'm kind like that. "It's actually 10 o'clock in the morning?"

They nodded their heads, Fred (Or George) replying, "Yup."

"All of this was a prank?"

"Yup."

"Today is September first?" I asked.

"Yup."

"Today we're going to Hogwarts?"

"Yup."

"Do you have a crush on Draco Malfoy?"

"Yup... Hey! I do not have a crush on Malfoy!" He spat, whilst everyone on the table sniggered into their pumpkin juice. I don't like pumpkin juice. It tastes like pumpkins.

Well, I guess when I say everyone, I mean everyone but Hermione. She was looking at me suspiciously. Why, I have no idea-

Oh, son of a Banshee - I just said the name of someone that I haven't even met! I'm not meant to know who Malfoy is if I'm "a transfer student from a foreign school"! No wonder she was looking at me like that...

"Chop chop! Go get dressed! We're leaving in half an hour!" said Mrs Weasley, her voice heard over the hubbub of the other visitors at the Inn. I pushed my stool back, cringing at the sound of at least 10 stools scraping against the floor board, before rushing upstairs into my room, number twelve.

I don't know how, but this morning, I found a trunk full of clothes by the side of my bed... my clothes. With my stuff in it - even my Harry Potter souvenirs! And - was that my undergarments? Awkward.

Skipping into the bathroom, I had a quick shower and got dressed into my clothes, making sure that my heart pendant was secure around my neck before heaving my trunk downstairs - and let me tell you, it was heavy. It was as if the entire population of London decided to lounge on top of my trunk.

When I made it downstairs, I bumped into someone, sending myself flying to the floor. Well, I would have, if it weren't for someone catching my hand at the last second. Oh god, this is so cliché.

They swung me back up, and I stuttered my thanks, blushing as crazily as my hair. It didn't help that it was Harry in front of me.

How, pray tell, had I somehow managed to develop feelings for the green-eyed hero in the span of two days?

[Written: 10/14]

[Edited: 07/06/16, 12/07/17]